User Tag List

Thread: "replace color" on android

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"replace color" on android

I've noticed that replace color works fine on pc builds but not in android. Is this something to do with android palletising the display?

is there a workaround?

-h

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to bump my own thread. I believe this image could have something to do with the issue.
    On PC and flash builds, these tones of red are just one colour. When displayed on an android device they have a stippling effect, as if the android palette is approximating the colour as best as it can.
    I'm going to do a test now to see if i can work around the issue, but if there's a better way it would be good to hear.

Incidentally you can also see that the scaling algorithm doesnt appear to have maintained correct aspect ratio, despite leaving borders at the edges of the screen. I don't understand why that's happening either.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have tried colour picking some of the dithered colour from an android screenshot, and using "replace colour" on that. No luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have image compression turned on (color reduction) in the Android build properties by chance? If so, you can make objects ignore this setting by setting their image compression individually in the Android tab of the objects properties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, image compression is set to "none" but it's still dithering. That's interesting...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet? I'm making a game for Ouya, and I'm running into the same problem. Can't get Replace Color to work, even with image compression turned off.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it isn't supported by the Android runtime, and I think it was because of some Android limitations, though I could be mistaken.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    color chance is not supported by android. The way around that is chance the graphic .