User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newgrounds API?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newgrounds API?

Hi everyone, I am really needind to implement the NG API somehow, can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just implemented NG Flash ads in my game. I'm still having issues with the timeout. What exactly do you need. Do you have the extension already? Did you already request the flash api and get the encryption key?

Mephistus has gotten most of the other stuff to work, so if you PM him/her (pretty sure it's a him) I'm sure he would be happy to help you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just trying to get the medals to work with the NG object. Have anyone got this to work properly? I got the medal to unlock, but there was no notice coming up that it happened (I read in the real api notes that you have to call something to have it pop up, but there was no such action I could find in the mmf object). Also worse, my app refused to go to the next frame in the screen I had the ng object in after unlocking medal :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mephistus has this working, so PM him. However, the saved data is still up in the air as far as I know.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, the current NG object doesn't show any notice on the screen. It does unlocks the medals, but doesn't show anything on the screen. So you have to make your own "achievement unlocked" screen.

I know there is a lot of issues with this object. But to make it work properly, You have to make the action "Unlocked selected medal" the last thing on the event that is calling it and also, make this event separeted with other events. otherwise, you may experience errors.

Here is how I made it work:

Code:
    + (Condition for unlocking medal)
    + Run this event once
        - (NG Object) Select medal by name "your medal name"
        - Start Loop "ACHIEVEMENT 1" 1 times

+ On loop "ACHIEVEMENT 1"
    + (NG Object):X(not) Is selected medal unlocked?
        - (actions for your custom popup achievement notification)
        - (NG object): Unlock selected medal
    I know it sucks to don't have the NG medal popup, the NG save game feature does not work with this extension too. But I have plans of updating this API in a near future . I'll probably add an Armor Games extension to my todo list.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm i tried some more, but still have not got it to work properly. I managed to get one of my medals unlocked after I clicked on the actual medal, but that only worked for one of them and was strange :s

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistus View Post
    As far as I know, the current NG object doesn't show any notice on the screen. It does unlocks the medals, but doesn't show anything on the screen. So you have to make your own "achievement unlocked" screen.

I know there is a lot of issues with this object. But to make it work properly, You have to make the action "Unlocked selected medal" the last thing on the event that is calling it and also, make this event separeted with other events. otherwise, you may experience errors.

Here is how I made it work:

Code:
    + (Condition for unlocking medal)
    + Run this event once
        - (NG Object) Select medal by name "your medal name"
        - Start Loop "ACHIEVEMENT 1" 1 times

+ On loop "ACHIEVEMENT 1"
    + (NG Object):X(not) Is selected medal unlocked?
        - (actions for your custom popup achievement notification)
        - (NG object): Unlock selected medal
    I know it sucks to don't have the NG medal popup, the NG save game feature does not work with this extension too. But I have plans of updating this API in a near future . I'll probably add an Armor Games extension to my todo list.
    To be sure I did everything right I made a clean app with 3 buttons to unlock the medals in the way you describe. I have uploaded and tested it on NG though and they still dont unlock :/ I have the mfa here in how I set it up, is there anything wrong with it? I have also created 3 medals for them : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-19_124357.png
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look and it should work like that. Just make sure you have your codes in the NG object. You may not see the medal as unlocked until you refresh the page etc. on NG. I have gotten my medals to work with this same method. Although I have found that the "(not) is selected medal unlocked?" does not even work. If the conditions are met, your medals will unlock every time even with this condition. I will try and save what medals are unlocked in the save file to prevent this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like FGRaptor said, it should work like the way you did.. just be sure to include the API ID and Encryption Key correctly on the NG Object, you should also have requested the API tools on NewGrounds project manager.
    For the record, you can only test your project inside Newgrounds when the game isn't public yet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I will try again, but what do you mean by you can only test inside NG when the game is not yet public? I am adding medals to an already uploaded game, could that cause problems?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast