User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stat tracking service?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Stat tracking service?

Is there any way to track the stats of a flash game for mmf now when the playtomic site have gone down?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, what stats do you want? The gameschart api provides host, plays, and a few other things, plus nominal revenue. If you're looking for how long people spend on a level you could use gamersafe. That should still be working...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Mochi analytics?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use GamesChart do you need to have their icon in the game, or can you just use it for stats? Also I know some sites don't like 3rd party things like that, but can they detect it if it is not actually shown in the game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    If you use GamesChart do you need to have their icon in the game, or can you just use it for stats? Also I know some sites don't like 3rd party things like that, but can they detect it if it is not actually shown in the game?
    You could just create it at (-1000, -1000) in the first frame and then destroy it on second frame. Sometimes objects will show up on a blank html background, so this should get it out of the way.

Could they detect that you were connecting to gameschart... I don't see why they would try to do that. They probably wouldn't find it in your bitcode, but if they did find out somehow, they probably wouldn't be very happy about that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    You could just create it at (-1000, -1000) in the first frame and then destroy it on second frame. Sometimes objects will show up on a blank html background, so this should get it out of the way.

Could they detect that you were connecting to gameschart... I don't see why they would try to do that. They probably wouldn't find it in your bitcode, but if they did find out somehow, they probably wouldn't be very happy about that.
    Why should I destroy it on the second frame? I noticed when I tried that that the actual GameCharts icon did not dissapear even though I destroyed the object on frame 2.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how accurate is GameCharts? I have my new game on many portals, but the stats in the GameCharts have not even logged all my Newground views.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see what plugins a Flash application is using by sniffing http traffic, so it's relatively easy to do.

To answer your question: I personally use the Mochi Analytics object and it works great for me!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanMonk View Post
    I can see what plugins a Flash application is using by sniffing http traffic, so it's relatively easy to do.

To answer your question: I personally use the Mochi Analytics object and it works great for me!
    Does Mochi not need to approve your app for the Analytics to work? What if you are using CPM star in the game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it needs to be approved, or even uploaded for that matter.

Just create a new game on mochi and use the analytics key they give you. It takes about a day for the stats to show though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast