Thread: Importing PNG with proper transparency

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Importing PNG with proper transparency

Hey there,

First, sorry for asking so many questions. I have to say I have learned an incredible amount about using TGF thanks to everyone's help, but I hope I don't come off as annoying.

Second and to the point: I'm having an issue importing .PNG files with proper transparency. Here's an example to show what I mean. I'm trying to get this image to import into TGF, and when I import it either as a Picture object, an Active Picture object, or an Active object (using the import image button in object editor), I end up with something looking like this. Obviously, the transparent pixels aren't being read properly. I tried putting the image into other programs like Paint and Word, and I can safely say the image file is not the problem.

I've tried setting the Transparent Color in Display Options Properties for the object to First Pixel, as well as toying with "Custom" and setting the custom color to one not used in the picture. Unfortunately, I've had no luck with any attempt so far.

Any ideas are welcome, and if there's no way around it I'll just end up making a background for the image itself. Thanks in advance!

- Jeff

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PNG files have alpha channels for transparency usually (which is how you can have semi-transparent pixels), which isn't supported by TGF2 (it is supported in MMF2, though). In this particular situation, though, it isn't even needed, since the background behind the object doesn't even change anyway, so you could draw it to look the way you want it to without the alpha channel.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that makes a lot of sense. As I continue with my project, I see more and more reasons why I should have gone with MMF2 in the first place...oh well. Thanks for your help though

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you can upgrade for a discount here if and when you are ready. The discount will make the price close (give or take a few dollars) to the difference between the price of TGF2 and MMF2. Also, you're welcome!