User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok, a lot of years have passed but still some problems in the Library Objects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Ok, a lot of years have passed but still some problems in the Library Objects?

I know i mind sound a little tough but i am a little bit disappointed.

As i said previously, i love your software and for me is really a great tool. I bought the last version recently and for the moment i am starting to see some stuff i find strange.

1st. How is it possible after all these years, the objects of the Libraries shipped with MMF2 (which are mainly the Libraries of TGF & K&P and maybe some other versions i did not owned) still have wrong Action Points
    2nd. Libraries are way too old most of them with low colour graphics etc.
    3rd. Isn't there a way to put the CD2 contents into a folder and Indicate in MMF that instead of searching for a CD to point to the folder?
    4th. Why a lot of behaviours seem so glitzy? I don't remember it being like this, is it because CPUs are faster? Is it because of Win7?
    5th. I am trying to do a simple thing. Have a tank from the Army Library to shoot a bullet. The tank is using 8 directions movement and i tried, when controller button is pushed or when is pressed (+every 50ms) and neither works in a good way. The bullet is shot with Lag, sometimes the animation playing is walking instead of shooting, i have to change ALL the Action Points in my sprites...
    6th. I exported the above to android, the bullets stop after shooting and moving around a while. No more shooting is possible!

I don't see why for something so simple it gets so complicated. So i will have to make my own code?

I am sorry if i sound little angry but i am just disappointed...After all it is not a cheap software...

I still love this software but i feel obliged to speak about these stuff...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1-3.) Library graphics are just there to give beginners something to work with while they're learning how to code events - for which they are perfectly adequate. I don't know what you expect really.
    4.) Do you actually mean behaviors or are you talking about built-in movements or something else? Behaviors suck and should not be used. Movements are buggy, but fine for beginners. Neither has anything at all to do with the computer or OS.
    5.) You want to use "restrict actions for..." instead of "every..." (look under the "Special" object).
    6.) You need to destroy bullets etc when they leave the frame and/or raise the object limit in the frame properties.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    1-3.) Library graphics are just there to give beginners something to work with while they're learning how to code events - for which they are perfectly adequate. I don't know what you expect really.
    4.) Do you actually mean behaviors or are you talking about built-in movements or something else? Behaviors suck and should not be used. Movements are buggy, but fine for beginners. Neither has anything at all to do with the computer or OS.
    5.) You want to use "restrict actions for..." instead of "every..." (look under the "Special" object).
    6.) You need to destroy bullets etc when they leave the frame and/or raise the object limit in the frame properties.
    Ok a reply to the reply and i don't want to sound rude but:

1-3) Why are you trying to make it seem reasonable? The most reasonable for me is to apply the rookies with well made example Library files that actually work and are made as they should be so they can take it as an example! And come on, i am even refering to a specific matter, Action Points! I have to edit ALL the frames of the animation sequences and move the Action Point (or is it hot spot i always mix them - i am moving the right one i just don't have mmf in front of me at the moment to check if i am using the right word) for each frame!
    4) I am referring to Movements, Launching Object, and i don't know what else yet...3-4 days i am using MMF after so long and already buggy behaviour is revealed. And why they shouldn't be working good? I don't see the reason really. It has been like 15 years? In 15 years i think a lot of improvement can be made...
    5)I don't understand exactly what is your point but i will try to figure it out by your sayings...thanks for the advice.
    6)10-50 bullets are not really the reason...

And a new one:

7) Why sometimes no bullet comes out and when i move a round a little bit the player suddenly i see a lot of gathered bullets appearing?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you want to upload some MFA files I am sure people can offer advice on how to address the problems you are encountering.

If you encounter an issue in Android its certainly something we want to see and fix but we would need a file that reproduces the problem in the minimum number of objects, actions and conditions.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    If you want to upload some MFA files I am sure people can offer advice on how to address the problems you are encountering.

If you encounter an issue in Android its certainly something we want to see and fix but we would need a file that reproduces the problem in the minimum number of objects, actions and conditions.
    Ok Jeff, consider it done. As soon as i get home i will post. But really i would like to know the position of the company in the points 1-2.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On the libraries:
    Yes they need an update and we have some things in the works concerning graphics for the future
    They have been overlooked for a long time. Most people seem to use other graphic resources or make graphics themselves.

Graphic resources have never been much of a focus of the product, but they are fun to play around with and for beginners so they have some material to learn with.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    On the libraries:
    Yes they need an update and we have some things in the works concerning graphics for the future
    They have been overlooked for a long time. Most people seem to use other graphic resources or make graphics themselves.

Graphic resources have never been much of a focus of the product, but they are fun to play around with and for beginners so they have some material to learn with.
    This is nice to hear! And to tell you the truth some of the Libraries i like them very much! And i want to use them in order to make at least a dummy of a project i want to work with until i have some graphics ready. But it is so painful to correct the issues...

Keep up the good work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AftPeakTank View Post
    Ok a reply to the reply and i don't want to sound rude but:

1-3) Why are you trying to make it seem reasonable? The most reasonable for me is to apply the rookies with well made example Library files that actually work and are made as they should be so they can take it as an example! And come on, i am even refering to a specific matter, Action Points! I have to edit ALL the frames of the animation sequences and move the Action Point (or is it hot spot i always mix them - i am moving the right one i just don't have mmf in front of me at the moment to check if i am using the right word) for each frame!
    4) I am referring to Movements, Launching Object, and i don't know what else yet...3-4 days i am using MMF after so long and already buggy behaviour is revealed. And why they shouldn't be working good? I don't see the reason really. It has been like 15 years? In 15 years i think a lot of improvement can be made...
    5)I don't understand exactly what is your point but i will try to figure it out by your sayings...thanks for the advice.
    6)10-50 bullets are not really the reason...

And a new one:

7) Why sometimes no bullet comes out and when i move a round a little bit the player suddenly i see a lot of gathered bullets appearing?
    1-3. You can change the action point or hot spot of an entire animation sequence by holding down the ALT key while you are moving the point in one frame. It will apply to all the other frames.

4. There are a tonne of examples available via this forums File Archive or at Nivrams MMF2 example page - http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm - They explain how to use custom movements, as most users know the built in ones are a bit buggy and only good for a simple game. You can't expect something to work out of the box like you envision it in your head without having to tinker around to get it working properly. The basics are there and are accessible, you just need to dive in head first and play around and experiment.

7. Turn off the "inactive when too far from window" option on your bullet objects properties (set it to "No").

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysD View Post
    1-3. You can change the action point or hot spot of an entire animation sequence by holding down the ALT key while you are moving the point in one frame. It will apply to all the other frames.

4. There are a tonne of examples available via this forums File Archive or at Nivrams MMF2 example page - http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm - They explain how to use custom movements, as most users know the built in ones are a bit buggy and only good for a simple game. You can't expect something to work out of the box like you envision it in your head without having to tinker around to get it working properly. The basics are there and are accessible, you just need to dive in head first and play around and experiment.

7. Turn off the "inactive when too far from window" option on your bullet objects properties (set it to "No").
    Ah, there we are! Replies to all my comments that are very close to satisfy me

1-3. Excellent, just what i was looking for!
    4. True but in the same time not totally agree...But almost there
    7. Cant wait to try!

Ok, going to try in just in a few hours! Thank you a lot RhysD!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OLD. I find the library graphics great and I use them all the time in my examples on my website. nivram mutated from a library figure and I wouldn't change that for anything.

You mentioned that a little intuition should resolve this. Do you have an example of this to help the forum member?

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast