User Tag List

Thread: Clarification on releasing binary data

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarification on releasing binary data

When you release a binary file is it removed from the computer entirely? Or is it still kept in a temp location?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also interesting on this. BTW what are the limitations of binary files? I tries adding a 6MB as binary file but it could not extracted? any ideas?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If extracting a binary files stores it in the temporary location, in theory, releasing it should delete it immediately?

It definitely is deleted when the application closes. If it does when the file is in use, I'm curious to know.

As for limitations Nyc, I don't think there is any major limitations. For large files, it would bloat the size of the EXE but it's recommended to have them external to the application as it might hang the program during extraction.

I couldn't get my head around how binary files worked at first but what happens when it extracts?
    I'll give you an example of how it works, if this clears things up:
    You would add it as: "Z:\Data\MoreData\MyApp\SomeData.txt" (in Data Elements)
    You would extract it with expression: "Z:\Data\MoreData\MyApp\SomeData.txt" (with Special conditions)
    You can retrieve this file in the temp folder using: BinFileTempName$("Z:\Data\MoreData\MyApp\SomeData.txt" ) -- retrieving the path for the extracted file from the temp directory.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lh37,

I,ve a database file which I need to keep it as a binary data because people would alter the records in the database but this seems to be impossible.

Is there other way around.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, users won't be poking in their temp directories since most files have gibberish filenames.... rb47dcj.tmp... dho7v1b.tmp.... lrt2wd6.tmp... and so on...

Depends how secure this database needs to be, and the format. Encrypting it would be good,, hashing even better (ideal for passwords and verification) There's bound to be something on the forums if you need help, or start a new thread if not