Thread: Difference Between "IOS Application" and "IOS final Xcode Project"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Difference Between "IOS Application" and "IOS final Xcode Project"

Hello,

Whats the difference between creating a "IOS Application" , "IOS xcode project" and "IOS final Xcode Project".

What should i use to make a game?
    I notice that when you use the "ios application" it builds only a CCI file.
    With the IOS FINAL XCODE PROJECT the builder creates many folders and files...

Whe you use that option, to send to the apple store, you send theme a zip file?

thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the way I work:

Starting a new project export an IOS XCode project - This is a zip file I can unzip and load into XCode on my Mac to build my app and test on an iOS device. It includes all the extensions, so that I can just copy over the Application.cci file when I make changes to my project in MMF2.

Then as I make changes in MMF2, I just export IOS Application and copy the Application.cci file over to my make and replace the one in my project directory, and build and run in Xcode.

When I'm happy with the app and ready to send it to Apple for review, I build an IOS final Xcode Project - this only includes the extensions that i've used. It still needs to be unzipped and loaded into Xcode and Archived - this will bring up the Organiser in Xcode so you can Distribute (ie upload) it to the App Store, you don't send the zip file.

Hope this makes it clearer!

PS If you update MMF2 or iOS Exporter to a new version, you'll need to export a new IOS XCode project, since the Application.cci file may not be compatible and you can get some weird errors happening.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Helpfull!

But that brought up another question....

I am not new in the MMF2, but i am really new in the IOS exporter. I naively believed to be easier to export for IOS.

AyreGuitar, can you explain a litle about this process? Of building the app final Xcode project?

So to build the final aplication and send it to the applestore, you need a MAC? You cant build the app with a pc?
    What program should i look for that makes this final app file?
    Is those in the apple website? Can you sugest theme? A good one?

The process beeing (i think that this will be helpfull for every one is new at ios export) = create the app in mmf2 > export as "IOS Final Xcode project" > wich creates a zip file> send the zip file to a MAC and load it in a Xcode software > exports the final app that can be used for testing or send to apple for final aproval and finally to distribution

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can build the zip file that contains the XCode project without a Mac, but in order to compile it to run on iOS, you need a Mac with at least Lion on it (because you need to compile it with XCode).

When you want to upload your app, you go through a process on iTunes Connect and the Apple Developer website whereby you make the required profiles and such for your app. You are then able to archive the app for the App Store, and then you upload it via XCode.