User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Making something look jelly, jucy, bouncy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Making something look jelly, jucy, bouncy

I watched this video a while ago about making a game look "juicy" by adding a bit of "bounce" to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0aCDmgnxg

I want to try this out, but I wonder if anyone else have played around with this and know any good formulas for making this happening? I guess you have to manipulate size and rotation in a way that makes static object look alive and more dynamic.

I think they did something like that to the Menu Text in Kingdom Rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Fh_xkr34#t=57s

It is subtle but it adds very polished look to the menu that I dont think would be there if it was just static text.

Is there any examples of things like this somewhere?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just so true:

http://grapefrukt.com/f/games/juicy-breakout/

load this and switch between "ENTER" and "2" - this will open my eyes again, how these details (beside the main game concept) are important for a great user expierience!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they actually describe one formula in the video for easing in... which is just:

Position + (Target-Position)*0.1

I use that one a bit in the current game I'm building.

But it would be great to get some more formulas listed here... like for an ease in with a bit of bounce/settle.

I believe for that "juicy" game, they probably had some sort of tweening library that they just took advantage of. I wish MMF had a cross platform tweening extension or something... or just had tweening built in.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It have: easing Extension!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the rubber band looking effect of when the ball hits the walls. That alone is a great effect! Does anyone have any examples using the easing object and how it's used?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we should work together to make a big example file with different cool effects and post here in one mfa.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another cool effect is the way the trees move in Farmville 2. I am pretty sure that is not animated but by using some kind of scaling or something, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0ZY01gY#t=263s

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juicy/ Bouncy/ Jelly stuff:

EffectAngle_
    EffectRadius_

Sin and or Cos
    Apply to Scale ( X and or Y )

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to explain a bit more in detail King_Cool?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know King_Cool is very busy at the moment, but I've seen him code amazing effects using what he had mentioned above in his post. Pure awesome!! I don't understand it, but it's eye candy for sure and fits the juicy/ Bouncy/ Jelly stuff..!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast