User Tag List

Thread: Do I actually have to spend 69 dollars to save MMF2 games as flash .swf?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I actually have to spend 69 dollars to save MMF2 games as flash .swf?

Seriously? I spend over a hundred bucks on this product and make a game, expecting to save it as a flash game.

Then I can't see an option to save it as a .swf, so I search and find the sales page which says the "Flash/SWF Exporter for MMF2 & TGF2" is another 69 dollars? And just for the record there are like four other expensive modules for every other popular format?

When I bought this software, I expected to "make games for Windows, iOS, Android, Flash and XNA for windows mobile phones and the Xbox," which the advertisement page so proudly boasts as one of their main selling points. I am not made of money, and if I can't use this product to make games on any popular formats, then it was not worth over a hundred dollars.

Please tell me I've read this wrong and there is a way to do it for free (not counting the $119 I've already spent).

EDIT: The forum made me remove all of the URLs before I could post this, sorry. But everything I've said is true, those are the prices for things and they do claim MMF2 lets you make games in those formats.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeLuke View Post
    Seriously? I spend over a hundred bucks on this product and make a game, expecting to save it as a flash game.

Then I can't see an option to save it as a .swf, so I search and find the sales page which says the "Flash/SWF Exporter for MMF2 & TGF2" is another 69 dollars? And just for the record there are like four other expensive modules for every other popular format?

When I bought this software, I expected to "make games for Windows, iOS, Android, Flash and XNA for windows mobile phones and the Xbox," which the advertisement page so proudly boasts as one of their main selling points. I am not made of money, and if I can't use this product to make games on any popular formats, then it was not worth over a hundred dollars.

Please tell me I've read this wrong and there is a way to do it for free (not counting the $119 I've already spent).

EDIT: The forum made me remove all of the URLs before I could post this, sorry. But everything I've said is true, those are the prices for things and they do claim MMF2 lets you make games in those formats.
    If you really want to make flash games, then there is a free (but pretty limited) version of TGF2 available that can only export flash (and said flash files only run on Newgrounds). I'm not sure if it works anymore, but it is worth checking out. By the way, if you are able to make good games, then the buying the runtime should pay itself off (via MochiAds, in-game purchases, or any other form of revenue that you choose to implement into your game). Also, if you think that is bad, then you shouldn't ever make iOS apps. Ever. With anything. It costs 99$ a year to do it, and you need a Mac to do it, and if you want to do it with MMF2, you will also need to buy the iOS runtime. Also, the cost to get your apps onto Google Play is a one-time fee of 25$ (not per-app).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read these types of complaints before... Where, on the purchase screen of the 119 dollar, non-developer mmf2 checkout page, or comparison page, does it list that what you're buying comes with this functionality at no extra cost? Most systems like this are highly modular in this fashion - Unity boasts an amazing amount of compatibility on its front page, and lists that it's free - but said free-ness comes w/ some rev-share agreement (like UDK, I think), and until recently the iOS environment cost a considerable amount.

On the page you're referencing, it does list "Exporter options" at the bottom. They're not gonna hit you over the head with the fact that they're each priced separately - that's terrible marketing. They're clearly listed as separate purchase options on the purchase screen you saw before you confirmed.

In the future, try looking in the forums before you buy something. You get a much clearer picture of what's included / what things can do, natively, and what pieces cost extra, by reading what others say.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually just typed up a giant response about how you really need to read about something you're about to lay down some hefty cash for, but then I realised you probably wouldn't read it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol RhysD...

But yeah, look.... These exporters are modular... They weren't released with MMF2's release. They have been developed and added over time. That development costs money... Therefore you have to pay to get those exporters.

Just like they recently released the Android exporter... Did you expect them to make that for free? The money earned from MMF2 sales pays for the MMF2 development costs. The money made from exporter sales pays for the exporter development costs. They are two separate things.

Also yeah, you need to read... Also the store shows the exporters sold individually... so I'm not sure how you couldn't conclude that they weren't bundled with MMF2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand some people, these exporters are frikking cheap! and I would always pay for these exporters just to keep these guys around. they made some awesome software and I'm proud that I have bought all of their stuff you won't regret it