User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2D skeletal animation support?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2D skeletal animation support?

There are some really neat programs out there for making 2D animations using skeletal animation. Like Spriter http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm
    and Spine http://esotericsoftware.com/

Do anyone have experience with 2D skeletal animation and is it something that is possible to use with MMF? I am a bit unsure how it all works, it seems you have to export the animations rather then to just make them images?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's currently no skeletal animation support for MMF2... not even support for third party programs of any kind. I was considering building something inside of MMF that could be used somewhat like a widget of sorts, back when I was working on a game that could have used it a lot. But I put that project to rest so the skeletal animation system rested with it.

But I mean basically you can make it yourself if you have the time and patience. :p You can just construct a simple editor that lets you add sprites and position them around and set frame keys... Then you use something like an array or ini loading/saving system. Much like a level editor, you would load all the sprite bits in. Then you have the timing sequence saved, and you have MMF basically run through that saved sequence to position/rotate/scale the sprite pieces accordingly.

Next step would be to actually put "bones" in there and position hotspots and such to drive the sprite rotations/movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    There's currently no skeletal animation support for MMF2... not even support for third party programs of any kind. I was considering building something inside of MMF that could be used somewhat like a widget of sorts, back when I was working on a game that could have used it a lot. But I put that project to rest so the skeletal animation system rested with it.

But I mean basically you can make it yourself if you have the time and patience. :p You can just construct a simple editor that lets you add sprites and position them around and set frame keys... Then you use something like an array or ini loading/saving system. Much like a level editor, you would load all the sprite bits in. Then you have the timing sequence saved, and you have MMF basically run through that saved sequence to position/rotate/scale the sprite pieces accordingly.

Next step would be to actually put "bones" in there and position hotspots and such to drive the sprite rotations/movement.
    Sounds very complicated though :p

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With spine (maybe spriter to) I notice they had many different runtimes supported. Is this something that could be ported for mmf also if someone wanted?
    http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-runtimes

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    up
    About spine
    Any idea to create a link between spine and mmf? or a way to create a plugin i think.
    I don't need to have precalculate sprites, but real squeletal animation in mmf.
    Thanks
    Pit

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree, skeletal animation It's a really necessary update.
    P.s
    I quote Spine!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way it will be implemented in MMF2. Maybe in an update for MMF2.5, but not at its release, either, since its release is very, very close (though I don't know exactly when, it could technically be released today for all I know, or, if not today, then probably any day now, since it is that close to release (if I remember correctly, it was supposed to be released late October/early November)). Even then, don't count on it. It could be the kind of thing that just needs to be a 3rd-party object, and not something that Clickteam themselves make.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already tested a first extension prototype with Spriter but I have some issues with the MMF2 rendering. If I can solve them within a reasonable time, I will make this extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I sure wasn't expecting that sort of response, especially not so soon. conceptgame, that could prove to be quite the useful object, though I personally don't have Spriter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptgame View Post
    I already tested a first extension prototype with Spriter but I have some issues with the MMF2 rendering. If I can solve them within a reasonable time, I will make this extension.
    Hey, this is a very good news to hear! Hope you can fix it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast