User Tag List

Thread: Growing Trees

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Growing Trees

First:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FUYNYZPuw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fESfnOYfmII

I have seen these type of things in other indie games. Do anyone know how to do this? It looks really cool, but I doubt it is achieved my animation. I have seen examples of stuff like this where it seems very dynamic how the branches are growing and so on.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine you have a branch object that gets decreasingly larger (y scale). The hotspot is set below the graphic, and the actionpoint is set above it. When the growing of each branch is halfway done, two more branches are created at it's actionpoint and they are given an angle the correct graphic depending on what type of branch it is. This continues till the tree is done
    Since branches are created before the older branches are fully grown, you must make sure that the new branches are always positioned at [0,0] from the actionpoint of the branch that spawned it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    I imagine you have a branch object that gets decreasingly larger (y scale). The hotspot is set below the graphic, and the actionpoint is set above it. When the growing of each branch is halfway done, two more branches are created at it's actionpoint and they are given an angle the correct graphic depending on what type of branch it is. This continues till the tree is done
    Since branches are created before the older branches are fully grown, you must make sure that the new branches are always positioned at [0,0] from the actionpoint of the branch that spawned it.
    Ah that could be it! They seem so smooth and seamless though. I would never have believed they where made of many objects?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for delay but an example for you
    ++
    http://futuregames.free.fr/file/tree.mfa

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    Sorry for delay but an example for you
    ++
    http://futuregames.free.fr/file/tree.mfa
    Thank you