User Tag List

Thread: Can you make NES games with MMF2/MMF2 Dev?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you make NES games with MMF2/MMF2 Dev?

Hello,
    Is there any way you can export the project into a working NES rom? And burn it into a cassette.

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, there isn't. Why are you asking? You can't even use C, BASIC, C++, C#, or other common programming languages to make NES games. Why did you think MMF2 was going to be able to do it? You need to know assembly language to make NES games. However, you could make games that look just like NES games with MMF2 (E.G you could make a "retro game" with MMF2).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The strange thing is, I've seen people make their own original Atari 2600 games, complete with working cartridge. Haven't seen it done with NES though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible. The problem is, you'd have to be some sort of electronics engineer with the proper equipment to even know how to pull that off. I assume they mod an existing Atari cartridge somehow. For the average person, can't be done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The strange thing is, I've seen people make their own original Atari 2600 games, complete with working cartridge. Haven't seen it done with NES though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible. The problem is, you'd have to be some sort of electronics engineer with the proper equipment to even know how to pull that off. I assume they mod an existing Atari cartridge somehow. For the average person, can't be done.

I couldn't really find a whole lot of info, but ran across this: http://hacknmod.com/hack/how-to-hack...ro-atari-game/ Interesting stuff.

Strange, it won't let me delete my double post.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely possible to put a custom nes rom on a cart. I got the rockman 4 hack "rockman 4 minus infinity" (by puresabe) on a cart.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not, however, possible to build a NES game with MMF2, whether you want to load it onto the cartridge or not.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldLongDragon View Post
    But isn't there a warning in the instructions of any of that stuff that stipulates that use of any unlicensed or unauthorized attachment or product would void the warranty?
    Probably, but the warranty expired over 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It's not, however, possible to build a NES game with MMF2, whether you want to load it onto the cartridge or not.
    Yeah I should have clarified that in my post as well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there have a few brand new NES games released in the last few years, its a lot of effort for a tiny market.. NES hardware limitations challenge even the best game designers, making a retro game in mmf is wayyyy easier and you can bend the limitations (sprites on screen, sound channels etc)