Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Resizing Window Questions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resizing Window Questions

Does anybody know how I could enable the application window to allow re-sizing, but at the same time, keep the games resolution? As in, if I made the window bigger, it would adjust it's width and height accordingly without stretching the game un-proportionately. I believe this is commonly done in Flash applications. I know that the Ultimate Full-screen object does something like this, but I'm looking for it to work without having to maximize the window. If anybody knows it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help given.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Window Control object for just such a thing. Just set its X/Y positions to the (screen width / 2) - frame width and (screen height / 2) - frame height. Very helpful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, but I don't think you know what I mean. I need the actual game to stretch as far as possible, but only as long as the game's resolution (640x480) stays the same, so if you stretch the window down but not sideways, it doesn't change it's size until it can do it evenly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want to keep the aspect ratio or the resolution its self?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe what I'm trying to do is keep the aspect ratio, as in if you were to stretch 640x480 upwards it wouldn't just become 1000x480 or something, but it would become 1000x750 when stretched diagonally. I tried the "Keep Scree Ratio" option, but all it did was make it so the screen didn't get any bigger or smaller.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it not possible to set the height by width divided by aspect ratio?

Like if you stretched 640 wide to 1000 wide you'd just set height to Floor(width/1.33333) = 750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion Konidias I will try that with the window object, but I assume that will cause some frame rate issues. I was hoping there was a way to do that without extensions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaFlaminG6 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Konidias I will try that with the window object, but I assume that will cause some frame rate issues. I was hoping there was a way to do that without extensions.
    There isn't a way to do it without extensions. Also, there isn't any reason not to use extensions unless you want your game/app to be compatible with every runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing with this a lot as well and keep running into weird little issues. On some resolutions certain objects overlap or get squashed/pulled. If I come up with something, I'll be sure to let you know.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ratty have you come up with a solution? I use the window control object to make window bigger but in some frames objects get squished/streched and look weird. Ive tryed diffrent window control object resolutions but no good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast