User Tag List

Thread: Data entry keypad emulation..

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Data entry keypad emulation..

I am currently using a trial version of MMF2 to ascertain whether it meets my requirements for a project I am working on and as such have limited time to get my head around all the functionality. I have been through the tutorial and to a greater extent it meets my needs with the exception of the following issue which I can't seem to figure out:

The basic idea is to have a data entry pad similar to that of which you would use at your average ATM/cashpoint. it must be capable of doing the following:

Entering digits as defined by the keypad buttons being pressed
    Displaying those figures immediately on being pressed
    Must be limited to 4 digits
    Once entered must retain the 4 digit sequence to be used at a later stage

What seemed simple at first has defeated me.

Any help or direction as to whether it can be done would be appreciated. If there are examples of this functionality just point me in the right direction and I will dissect as necessary.

Cheers

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hey,

this is possible with very little effort... Layout a series of buttons, active system boxes or other objects in the shape of your desired number pad. Label each object with key_1 key_2 and so on. Place a string object for the display.

In events, add a check for the user pressing on each of the buttons. For the 1 button, do alterable string = alterable string + "1", IF length of alterable string < 4

Repeat that for the other keys and you'll have a basic keypad.

For the delete key simply do string = left of string ( length of string - 1)

You can store the string in a global string, or variable (see the app properties settings for those).

I hope that helps :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've attached a simple example that should meet your needs (and work in the demo version of MMF2, I think!)
    It's pretty quick to do, the hardest part was finding an algorithm to display the number pad in the correct order!

Uses only the String Object and the Button Object and stores the code in Global String A for use later.

Feel free to ask questions if you don't understand.

Enjoy!

Edit - Simon beat me to it!
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to both of you. Very clear explanations and the example is the icing on the cake which I will use to give me a better understanding of the process.

Thanks again!

Best regards