User Tag List

Thread: Canceled OpenGL 3D First Person Shooter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Canceled OpenGL 3D First Person Shooter

I know this isn't the place to be posting games/programs created in MMF2 but at this point, I wouldn't even really call this a game, more of a laggy abomination... Mostly just would like to give a little example to those interested in seeing just what they can/can't make before MMF implodes.

If anybody would like to try it, head to: http://www.mediafire.com/?j3ot31evfka7g7a

It is multi-player, although I don't see the point of me having added that since it's not really playable. I guess I had hopes.
    I recently saw some requests for 3D tutorials and what-not so I figured I'd just show those who are interested what MMF2 can't do.
    I haven't worked on this for probably over a month but I assume 1-2 people will be interested on the topic.

Hopefully this prevents somebody else from making my mistake. Save them a few weeks. :)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thats quite impressive. What were the limitations you encountered may i ask? Its glitchy as far as collisions and the like goes, but i never experienced any lag? it ran very smooth for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The collisions wouldn't be too much of an issue for me to fix. Also, the lag generally occurs when playing with other people. The player models and for some reason playing the .OGG samples really destroy the frame rate. Anyhow, what I made here is a very small game with little to no playability, it's only a demo of what I see as the furthest anybody will get into 3D without xLUA (an extension requiring much knowledge of LUA in which case you may as well just code the game in LUA from scratch).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all good job.

I don't understand a few things.

"I know this isn't the place to be posting games/programs created in MMF2 but at this point"
    Why would the mmf forums not be a place for mmf applications? or are you saying it's not made in mmf2??

"Hopefully this prevents somebody else from making my mistake. Save them a few weeks."
    what exactly was the mistakes you did? or at least what are they about? collision? sound?

"get into 3D without xLUA"
    why are you talking about lua if you didn't use it? or did you? is it in any other way relevant to your game?

again good job it might just be me that's confused. I would definitely like to know what extensions you used if any.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tompa:

- This forum section isn't the place, since it's technical support.

- The mistake was trying to make anything decent with 3D in MMF

- He's talking about LUA not because he used it, but because that's the only avenue a person could take if they wanted to make something better than this in MMF with 3D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tompa View Post
    again good job it might just be me that's confused. I would definitely like to know what extensions you used if any.
    Well Konidas answered your other questions it seems, I'll say I used the OpenGL extension set. Seems as if there's not much hype for 3D at the moment but in the seemingly far off occasion that MMF2 actually makes it onto Steam, I can see so many people berating Clickteam for it as well as for them to speed up their product that I almost suggest taking it off until they do those things. Good luck to them anyhow...