User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Ammo Bar with customized graphics

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ammo Bar with customized graphics

    I tried to do this with the counter but the only way is use the "animation" type and draw all frames prossibles of the ammo. If my game have for example a max of 99 i will need to draw 30 different frames of ammo bars for each state for this is not an option)

    The easy way i found is use "Lives" as ammo. I added the graphic of 1 ammo bar and when the player shoots substract 1 from lives Player 1. And only shoot if the lives of Player 1 are >=1.

    There is another correct and easy way to do that?

    -----
    I also discarded to use the lives object for player lives because they only accept a static image and i need an animation(i'm using and animated heart).

  2. #2
    Clickteam Clickteam
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,642
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you explain what you actually want your ammo bar to look like and how it should operate please, the solution may depend on the finer details :-)

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can you explain what you actually want your ammo bar to look like and how it should operate please, the solution may depend on the finer details :-)
    I have this:

    AMMO |||||||||||||||||||||

    When i shoot various times:

    AMMO ||||||||||||

    Every time i shoot one "|" is removed. Each "|" is a graphic bullet.

    With a counter object the unique option is using the animation type and draw all the possibles states that as i said is not an option due to several frames.

    The most easy way is using the Lives Object, simply adding the graphics bullet, how much lives/bullet i want and substract one each time i shoot, very easy but i prefer if is possible no use the lives for the ammo in the case later i need for the player or something.

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    AyreGuitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matriax - Can't think of another way to do it other than using the Lives object.
    If your game is only for 1 or 2 players, you could always use the Lives object for player 3 or player 4, leaving player 1 & 2 for actual lives at a later date.

  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AyreGuitar View Post
    Matriax - Can't think of another way to do it other than using the Lives object.
    If your game is only for 1 or 2 players, you could always use the Lives object for player 3 or player 4, leaving player 1 & 2 for actual lives at a later date.
    Yes i thinked the same . The game is for only 1 player and i can use the player 2/3/4 lives for it.

    -----

    Another idea was add each ammo as diferent object and mark his visibility depending of a counter, for example i have this:

    |= visible if counter ammo >=0
    | = visible if counter ammo is >1
    | = visible if counter ammo is >2
    etc...

    If i have 3 ammo:
    AMMO |||

    But again if i have a max of 99 bullets or more i will need to create 99 diferent bullets and 99 visibility conditions :S

    -----

    Ok, then i'm doing in the best easy-correct way possible, thanks! . BTW, if anybody find or know another method to recreate the same please share it!.

    And for use animations in lives? any idea? I want to do the same thing in ammo but for lives. But in this case the lives are animated and the Lives object not support this.

    If not i will create only one item for each stuff with a counter like: |x99 / Lx3 and minus problems :S .

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For an animated "lives" , use the counter object with animation. The easiest and efficient method i'm aware of.

  7. #7
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Tisnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On, Canada
    Posts
    1,030
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matriax View Post
    I tried to do this with the counter but the only way is use the "animation" type and draw all frames prossibles of the ammo. If my game have for example a max of 99 i will need to draw 30 different frames of ammo bars for each state for this is not an option)

    The easy way i found is use "Lives" as ammo. I added the graphic of 1 ammo bar and when the player shoots substract 1 from lives Player 1. And only shoot if the lives of Player 1 are >=1.

    There is another correct and easy way to do that?
    I may have an idea for you without using a Lives object but I need to know first if this is this a scrolling game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matriax View Post
    I also discarded to use the lives object for player lives because they only accept a static image and i need an animation(i'm using and animated heart).
    I may have an idea for this also that you could do and still use the players lives without the lives object..

    Give me a little bit to try my ideas first and if they are ok, I'll post them for you.
    --------------------------------------------------


    Try this for the lives
    Attached files Attached files

  8. #8
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald999 View Post
    I may have an idea for you without using a Lives object but I need to know first if this is this a scrolling game?



    I may have an idea for this also that you could do and still use the players lives without the lives object..

    Give me a little bit to try my ideas first and if they are ok, I'll post them for you.
    --------------------------------------------------


    Try this for the lives
    Hi, sorry i not get notified about this reply. FInally i opted to use an image/animation and a counter in the right.

    BTW, i will test your example and see your idea. The game is a one screen platformer like "ANother World" , "Flashback",etc... these:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=151956159


    Edit: I see your example and yes this will be a solution but the animation when the heart is created not runs at the same frame are no-coordinated. I don't know i i explaned well, my english sucks .

    If i want to create a new live using your example(Very well explained!) how can i get the new hearts created running all in the same frame animation? Without using the restart animation or stop/start animation that this seems a little weird when you pick a new live.

    If is too much complicated forgoit it is simply curiosity :P

  9. #9
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Tisnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On, Canada
    Posts
    1,030
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matriax View Post

    If i want to create a new live using your example(Very well explained!) how can i get the new hearts created running all in the same frame animation? Without using the restart animation or stop/start animation that this seems a little weird when you pick a new live.

    If is too much complicated forgoit it is simply curiosity :P
    Ya, this shouldn't be complicated to add. There is a few ways you could do this but probably the easiest way would be to always set the hearts animations frames to the heart creator, however, this would require having the same amount of animation frames in the heart creator, but the heart creator is invisible so it should not have any effect on performance at all.

    Give me a sec and I'll adjust the example with this added in.

    --------------------------------------------
    Updated with the above mentioned changes
    Attached files Attached files

  10. #10
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald999 View Post
    Ya, this shouldn't be complicated to add. There is a few ways you could do this but probably the easiest way would be to always set the hearts animations frames to the heart creator, however, this would require having the same amount of animation frames in the heart creator, but the heart creator is invisible so it should not have any effect on performance at all.

    Give me a sec and I'll adjust the example with this added in.

    --------------------------------------------
    Updated with the above mentioned changes
    Ah i see good solution .

    As always i complicated all My idea that i tried was get to a counter the number of a frame and set the frame number to the hearts :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. User Customized Brightness
    By Amar in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th August 2013, 08:37 AM
  2. User Customized Music Selection
    By Amar in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th June 2013, 04:16 PM
  3. Ammo Stack Example for JohnJuba
    By Chaos in forum File Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th March 2010, 06:47 AM
  4. Ammo?
    By delta9857 in forum The Games Factory 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th December 2009, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •