User Tag List

Thread: How to make an object fall on another instance of the object and stop?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to make an object fall on another instance of the object and stop?

I am trying to make two instances of an object collide and have it stop. Basically in this example there are two instances of a crate. One is standing on the ground, and another is falling from the sky. I want the falling one to fall, then when it collides it should do a loop that position it on top of the other crate. I seem to have problem however in getting this to work (I guess because it is basically overlapping itself? I dont know how that really works out)

Can someone help?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best solution is to use another object as a 1 pixel tall hit marker and place it underneath any falling block... Then check if that hit marker is overlapping a block (meaning the falling block is currently 1 pixel above another block) and then stop the falling block there.

I did something exactly like this for a game I was working on that I never finished

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    Best solution is to use another object as a 1 pixel tall hit marker and place it underneath any falling block... Then check if that hit marker is overlapping a block (meaning the falling block is currently 1 pixel above another block) and then stop the falling block there.

I did something exactly like this for a game I was working on that I never finished

Ah, ok It is strange there is not a simple way without having to have another object. But I tried this and I could get it to work if I just have one falling object. But if I have several it does not work because all boxes stop when one collide :/ Btw that game looks sweet!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I experimented some more, I got it to work with several boxes now! Maybe someone find this useful or can improve upon it