User Tag List

Thread: Level Editor: Loading different objects within the same qualifier!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Level Editor: Loading different objects within the same qualifier!

Hello dear clickers.

I have run into an issue with my level editor I'm creating.

Mostly when I want to save different things.

Right now the editor saves positions like this:

+On loop "save"
    -Set value NObjects "Qualifier" to item ObjectCount in group Info

+On loop "save"
    + Alterable Value A of Qualifier = LoopIndex("save")
    -Set value X("Qualifier") to item "X" in group "Platform(qualifiernumber)
    - Set value Y("Qualifier") to item "X" in group "Platform(qualifiernumber)

There's nothing wrong with this way, just to give you an idea of how it works. The qualifier have 4 different tiles/objects in it.

And right now when it saves it doesn't save all of these 4 different tiles in the qualifier. The way I tried to tackle this is by when on loop save set item "type" to alterable value of the platform but then comes a whole other issue.

What object should I withdraw a value from? All the objects or the qualifier? I've tried both and they give the same error: the type items in the .ini document just become different numbers(some of which not even a type)

So to summarize I need help on how to get a "Type" item to work and from what object/qualifier to get a value from when I want to save.

Any help is appreciated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will anything in this example help. It uses a "type" string value instead of an alt_val.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63xajhpb1m...%20example.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, since I use the regular INI extension I'm a bit confused because it's hard to follow what is being done with the qualifier in the event editor in relevance to the "type" item.

Just to clarify: My problem lies with how to differentiate between the platforms within the qualifier when saving them to an Ini file.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem here, I am trying to do the same thing but still no solution /:
    Deaval, I think that all this is possible with the standard INI somehow from other examples that I have seen.

I am here hoping someone help us.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really aren't going to solve this issue without posting your problem file and letting someone fix it. It seems like a simple enough fix, but explaining it would take far more time than just fixing the file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One way of reaching data in objects with qualifiers is to loop through them. For this "spreading value" and "loop index" is utilized.

I'll agree with Konidias partially, it's way simpler if there was a mfa to look at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    You really aren't going to solve this issue without posting your problem file and letting someone fix it. It seems like a simple enough fix, but explaining it would take far more time than just fixing the file.
    I feel that way would be the best from the point of view of someone who wants to help. But getting your file fixed by someone else is rarely as helpful as getting the learning experience of how to do it yourself.

But yes, posting a opensource would help people understand the issue a lot better however. I should have probably done that.

Quote Originally Posted by EdibleWare View Post
    Same problem here, I am trying to do the same thing but still no solution /:
    Deaval, I think that all this is possible with the standard INI somehow from other examples that I have seen.

I am here hoping someone help us.
    The example Caesar posted was actually extremely helpful at a second glance. I'm sorry I didn't jump back and post that I figured it out.

(Also, thanks a lot Caesar!)

Quote Originally Posted by tompa View Post
    One way of reaching data in objects with qualifiers is to loop through them. For this "spreading value" and "loop index" is utilized.
    This would summarize the example pretty well though. At least on how to get the same type to save in a .ini.

If you've gotten that far, EdibleWare how to actually differentiate between different object types it's best to add a whole new item called "type" or something similar.

When placing objects in your level editor you should give the qualifier they belong to a Alterable String.

When on loop load see to it that when the ini loads a object it also loads the alterable string so it knows what to load.

If you're still having difficulties, EdibleWare I advice you to look at the example again, all the code is basically there and very easy to adapt with the standard INI.

Cheers.