It seems like we'll end up with a bunch of android powered consoles. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Competition is mostly good, but if there are loads of them it's going to make for a fragmented market with loads of individual marketplaces all competing for attention, and none of them may sell enough for one to be truly popular. The next few years will be interesting.
OUYA runs the same OS as android cellphones do. ( Android Operating system )
In OUYA options you can even see an option for Battery. I am just testing the games on my Galaxy Note untill I get the system.
I bought an Ouya today in GAME (UK) They had several behind the counter. So there doesn't appear to be a shortage here. Bit disappointed that some of the games are dumps of Android games not optimised in any way. Low frame rates all over the place!
Don't quote me but I thought the ouya doesn't have that option yet. Someone correct me if i am wrong.
I saw some videos I am even sure if you can buy games yet. I could be wrong I don't have mine yet.
I gotta be honest, I think GameStick have good chance at beating OUYA.
1. It's portable
2. Passive cooled (OUYA is very noisy)
3. Better design, look n' feel both UI and hardware
4. Joypad is mapped to keyboard/mouse presses, makes it easier to port
5. The feel of the controls should be better, but let's see. The OUYA joypad is not very precise.
6. Their campaign have been spotless, I feel like they care
7. They can learn from all of OUYA's mistakes
But let's see when we get the actual device. Also waiting for my GamePop console.
Who else is waiting for their gamestick?