User Tag List

Thread: Force only one data variable

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Force only one data variable

Hey ext dev folks,
    I'm looking for a way in Windows EDIF SDK to store data globally to the application. This means regardless of the number of objects in the frame, the number of sub-apps and their objects, there's always only one data variable.
    This is due to the object relying on an OS call that is only valid to use once. So when there are 0 objects (i.e. end of frame) the data variable is to be deallocated; when 1, allocated; when 2 or more, nothing happens.

Some information on allowing an object to be global in the properties would be good too.

Cheers

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the existing ReadGlobal and WriteGlobal functions, they even go up from sub-apps to the parent app like you ask. You can reference count within the global data you store
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that would be the case LB, but ReadGlobal and WriteGlobal aren't sharing the data.
    I think there was a bugfix about that which I'd better check is implemented...

EDIT: Yep, it is, but for some reason rhPtr->App-> ParentApp is not null for the top-level rhPtr, leading to access errors.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed the issue, which was a missing * in one of the MMF2 headers, leading to 16 bytes' worth of misalignment.
    LB, any idea about making the object global in the properties?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check out the source to my AGVO, I haven't touched the code in months though.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3