User Tag List

Thread: 2 Platform Movements overlapping on a moving platform

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Platform Movements overlapping on a moving platform

When there are 2 players (Each with the Platform Movement [yes, I know it's broken, but I'm using it for a few reasons]) standing on a moving platform, they move along on top of it just fine.. but whenever they are overlapping, they both do not move along with the platform.

How do I fix this? Do I really have to switch to the Platform Movement Object just for this?

Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean when the 2 players overlap with each other they fail to move with the platform?

Are you able to submit an .mfa showing this problem?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Gerald!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...merExample.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I see now what you are talking about and I do not have an answer for you as I do not use the default Platform movement or have ever bothered to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure it was never intended to be used for more than one instance of that movement type, sorry I can not help anymore.

May I ask why you prefer not to use a custom movement of your own or the PMO?
    Perhaps there is another way to achieve your end goals without using the default Platform movement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use a custom movement or the PMO but every time I do, it encumbers the development process a ton, like the PMO turns off fine detection automatically and likes to get stuck in stuff, which I have to manually fix in the events.

Some hero should come along and write the ultimate fix for this, a MOVEMENT (not an object) that provides good platforming (unlike the built-in one which seems to be trash at the moment)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I personally don't use the PMO as I like to make my own custom movement. The best place to start with that is DavidN's Custom Platform Movement , from this it is pretty much (IMHO) unlimited to what you can be accomplish for a custom movement. I am currently working on one now and may even put my movement down on paper for others to have a look at but I haven't completely decided on if I want to commit to that.
    Have you ever tried DavidN's tutorial? might be worth your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think the PMO is going to happen for me. Maybe I'll just have to bear through it, there's only moving platforms in one level and perhaps the game's too fast that no one will notice.

Is there any bug-submitting sheet for MMF2?