Thread: Ouya analogue stick example?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouya analogue stick example?

Hello!

I was just wondering if somebody could be so kind as to make a quick example MFA of how to access the analogue sticks on the Ouya? I know it's something to do with making an expression to compare the axis values, but... it just refuses to work. I'm probably doing something dense, somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most basic thing to do IMO is create 4 values, make all four of them max 1 and min -1, set the values to show the floating point value but limit it to say 2 or 3 digits other wise you will get 16 and fill the screen with numbers.

You can set each value to either left or right stick's X or Y value using the ouya active.

The ouya control sticks work by max 1 and min -1, where 0 is in the middle for natural, this is for the X and Y value of each stick so 4 values in total to manage.

For something like a geometry wars movement you can just tell an active to set it's X/Y with each value and times it.

To use a stick for a platformer I have it so if a value is lower/higher then min/max of a value / 2 so there is 50% dead zone and it feels good.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone who has made a 2-player game for the ouya yet? I can get the sticks to work for 1 player but no mather how much I try I can't figure out how to make it work with 2 controllers simultaneously. I would also really appreciate if someone could make an example file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 4 controllers, they all work for the buttons. Player 1 is 0 and Player 4 is 3.

Not sure about the sticks though. I imagine you set a counter to LeftStick for player
    LeftStickXForPlayer( "OUYA object", , )

The xbox controller expression looks like this
    StickLeftH( "XBOX Gamepad", >Player numbers<)

If you type in a number you are set to go, I would imagine the OUYA expression to be the same. But changing the comma to a value is not accepted.
    LeftStickXForPlayer( "OUYA object", 0 )

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javira View Post
    I have 4 controllers, they all work for the buttons. Player 1 is 0 and Player 4 is 3.

Not sure about the sticks though. I imagine you set a counter to LeftStick for player
    LeftStickXForPlayer( "OUYA object", , )

The xbox controller expression looks like this
    StickLeftH( "XBOX Gamepad", >Player numbers<)

If you type in a number you are set to go, I would imagine the OUYA expression to be the same. But changing the comma to a value is not accepted.
    LeftStickXForPlayer( "OUYA object", 0 )
    That's what I thought as well, and the ouya object even gives me a code that looks just like that but when I try it I get a Syntax error

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the parameters of the expressions are broken. This will be fixed in the next beta, sorry about that.