[PAID] Optimise Group List

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Please login to see this attachment.

I'm willing to put down $5 for Clickteam to make this update. If you've decided to embark on a large-scale project, you're probably spending most of your time playing hide-and-seek with the Group List. I think one of the main reasons you don't see many A+ titled made in MMF is how inefficient it becomes to edit your code once the project grows large. It seems Clickteam are very focussed on bringing new users to the software, but this simple fix would ensure advanced users can still program with some degree of efficiency.

Two major improvements that could save weeks of development time:
    1) The number on the left means NOTHING. It could be revised to reflect the line of code that the group rests on, making it easier to find that group you're working in.
    2) The group list doesn't reflect the nested nature of groups. This makes finding the group you're looking for even more taxing. By indenting the list, finding groups becomes much simpler.

Hopefully other users will support this and pledge a bit of money to make it happen.

Please login to see this link.

Edited once, last by Ryan (July 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM).

• Color coding would be a great addition, but it's probably more time than clickteam is willing to invest and may be something they save for MMF3. You can achieve a similar thing with colour coded comments above each group.

I'd love to see a search function on comments/groups too, so you can Ctrl-F to find that certain group of events you were working on, but in my experience anything that requires a significant investment of time with no tangible return will be ignored by Clickteam. that's why I'm trying to suggest things that will take roughly 5-10 minutes to fix and test, and a tangible cash reward.

• The request was addressed in Fusion 2.5. I contacted Clickteam to submit payment to them or a charity of their choice. After hearing no response I decided to send the money to the Please login to see this link. for cancer research. Thanks Clickteam for your hard work and dedication to improving this great tool.

• This thread was before bugtracker, I had also raised it once in Open Topic Community Forum without the offer of payment but it was not commented on, hence the need for me to offer an incentive. I agree that feature requests should be raised in bug tracker first, but my projects are quite large and this update was urgently needed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!