User Tag List

Thread: New feature to BETA: Be able to see/edit events when too many are in one eventblock

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy New feature to BETA: Be able to see/edit events when too many are in one eventblock

(I use 257.12 build of MMF2 actually, since the last beta test version seems unstable for the moment)

I post here, since I think this is the BEST place for report that!

So Clickteam, please read me (I write the post in English even if I'm French for get more feedbacks and answers)

Actually, I see an horrific missing feature (by the way... It's really A BAD BAD BAD thing for all MMF2's users! This prevent us to organize our events like we want!)

So here it is,
    I think to a really good feature for MMF2
    SINCE I THINK MMF3 IS NOT RELEASED THIS YEAR,
    AND EVEN SO, IT WILL BE NOT ALL FANTASTIC EXTENSIONS OBJECTS FROM THE COMMUNAUTIES,
    BY THE WAY, YOU PUBLISHED A STEAM CAMPAIGN FOR MMF2,
    SO, YOU PLAN TO SELL IT FOR SOME MONTH AGAIN AND BRING BACK TO YOUR SHOP MANY NEW INDIES DEVELOPPERS!

It's to have the possibility to BE ABLE TO SEE AND EDIT a bunch of events (grouped in one event block, not only in an event group) if the events aren't not showable.
    This impact ONLY in Event List Editor mode!

This thing start really to disappointing me.

Because, I'm faced to a problem (which is really stupid, you can quicly understand with a MFA and test I want you to realize!)

0) Go in Event List Editor mode as editor display: CTRL+L
    1) You can see two GROUPS OF EVENTS. (one under the comment "EventsBlock1", other Under comment "EventsBlock2").

*please, do not take care of the effects of that MFA, it's just for you can see the heavy problem appear, by the way, in my project, I used many EVENT blocks due to that..
    2) As you can see Under "EventsBlock1" there is an event block which exceed the allowable zone, this make prevents us to edit the events (not showed and then in the NO VISIBLE/REACHING area).
    3) Even if we scroll the mouse OR by the scrollbars down.. This make MMF2 go to next event block and then dismiss showing the events lefts in the current block..
    4) We must do as showed in "EventsBlock2" for make the things be editable furthermore, this mean: CUT a long Event Block in many Event Blocks.., stupid I said.

Before you tell me the Regular display mode of events is able to edit/delete the "not showed events in the block", I want then answer: If by concept MMF2 include two modes, then we MUST BE AUTHORIZED to choose which display we prefer use, no? This is not nice to force the user to change his event display because a ...... NOT SHOWED event ? JUST for delete/move/insert below/insert above some new actions or conditions? Stupid isn't it ?

Same before you tell me I can use a better screen display, I'm under 1920 * 1080 screen resolution.. It's not really a bad resolution, and even if I use a better display, the problem remain, and goes to appear when I will go out of the limit again.

Same before you tell me I can resize the PANELS of MMF2 interface (Libraries mostly), this is a temporary fix, since the problem remain always when I will go out of the limit again.

The problem is not hardware, the problem is not due to panels, the problem is due to the way of the scroll react against the EVENT BLOCK: it will be better if the scroll WORK in that MDI Form and finally do not use Fixed One Block Scrolling method.
    And by the way, the regular Event Editor is not really easy to use when we want have a FULL VIEWPOINT quickly of Which Do What in Conditions and Actions.

My idea for you can have an idea of how I can see the solution to this behavior problem and make all others old-style lovers happy!

- In MMF2 "EVENTS" toolbar menu, you can add a submenu, called: "In Event List Editor use scrolling as"
    - Two choice:
    "Event Block Scrolling" -> If selected: behavior will be Fixed EventBlock Scrolling
    "Regular Scrolling" -> If selected: behavior will be Standard scroll.. As we have in a webbrowser per example for scroll the page.

Default will be set on "Event Block Scrolling" for not interfere with those who prefer the old system of scrolling.
    So Here it is, I think really this must be POSSIBLE to scroll like a webbrowser Windows (or ANY software when displaying LIST and TEXTS) !

Why we need that?:

For the same reason I said: This prevent us to organize our events like we want!
    But not only: Some others MMF2's software like aren't affected by this stupid behavior.. also for some which are free! It's then uncomprehensible.
    Tonight I initiated one of my steam friend to MMF2, so... he tested everything in MMF2. And he think this behavior is simply not nice...
    **for the story, he see MMF2 on Steam Greenlight and since he wanted to plan buy it when it release on STEAM, he voted for, I saw that by "Steam Notify", and then after I tell him the software can be already bought on Clickteam official's webiste, he go test the demo!), he then think that behavior is simply not cool, and then still twice rethinking before buying.. For me.. I like so much MMF2, then I continue to use it! BUT... Well, it goes he has right, it's disappointed.. !

I Hope I was clear and I do not want be rude, if it is the case, you must know if I use CAPS sometimes, it's for mark an important sentence (at least, what I think be important!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your problem... just break it up into several conditions... You don't need to cram 100 actions into one Start of Frame condition. You could break it up over several... no problem.

If anything, we need conditions/actions organized like this:

I really wish they would just implement this into MMF2... since MMF3 won't be around for quite a long time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the zoom to see all your events:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or different resolution (I am using 2160x1920 for MMF2 coding) but I totally agree that it is irritating issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberclic View Post
    You can use the zoom to see all your events:
    I can't read small texts when using zoom-out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. I see I'm not the only one which is affected by this problem!
    Your method Cyberclic is not really efficient in some cases but may help, for sure EVEN if the initial problem is NOT fixed by this method!

Yes Fanotherpg: It's such an irritating issue, I Wonder when they are plan to release MMF3, but since I saw MMF2 in Steam Greenlight I now understand, they not planned this year.. Sadly..

Great idea Konidias: THEY must implement this in MMF3 (at least if they not add changes to MMF2 !)

Thanks for reading guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://tm2fk.pl/MMF2.png

Just comparison - The Tongue (GB 3rd 20 event entry) - on 1920x1080 on the left and Dual Setup of 1080x1920 (providing 2160x1920 working space). On my 3 display setup. Do not have to say that right hand side is much more workable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this is what I said: one time ... our screen capacity will be unable to display entire events in Event List Editor mode ..
    Stupidly there is no logic to tell the MMF2's users: "Use/Buy a new widescreen which more resolution available"

So... We want a fix asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to zoom out first line of ZDay (20 Event entry by Netninja) even in List mode due to amount of actions per event.