Thread: BUG: iOS object crashes, won't open URL

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUG: iOS object crashes, won't open URL

Two problems with iOS object:

1) Trying to get the string Model$( "iOS" ) crashes the app on the device.
    2) The "Open URL" function does not work. I have tried all variations of formatting the URL, like http://www.website.com, http://website.com, www.website.com, and website.com. No luck.

I have verified my events are triggering properly on the device, and have tested with iOS 6 and also 7.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.website.com should be good. How does your event look like, user clicks on object?

I have no problems in iOS 4.3 to 6.1, haven't tested it on iOS7

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar question, as the answer is not here. I try to open an URL to make it call a phone number that I "GET" from a database.

I mean that, whne I click on my active, I want my iOS object to open URL "tel:"+string$( "Chaîne" ). Where the string comes from what I get with the get object. Surpisingly, it doesn't work. However, if the string doesn't come from the Get object but from me (I directly write something in the string), it works !

Just... Why ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOLUTION !

iOS won't open a dynamic URL if it comes from a Get object. The reason is simple. When you get a string via a script, and you display it in a string in CF 2.5, you'll be able to see it normally BUT there is something hidden.

Indeed, if you use a string parser and a counter to check the string length, you will notice there is one more print than the number you can actually count. This is because the script sends an invisible "\" at the end of your string. So what we have to do is to get the string you want to display minus the invisible "\"

Let's pretend you Get a string via a script. This string is http://www.yoursite.com and you want the iPhone to open the URL you got with the Get Object.

This is how you do it :

[Always] : |String parser: Set Source string to Received$("Get Object")|
    [Users clicks with left button on "Active"]: |iOS Object| : Open URL leftstr$( "String Parser", length( "String Parser" ) - 1 )

Like this you have a dynamic expression from a database

NOTE : This bug only applies on iOS, for some reason, Android doesn't care of the "\" at the end of the string so you don't have to use the formula to extract the last print from the string.