User Tag List

Thread: [MAJOR BUG!! 257.22] Something seriously wrong with decimals, broke my entire game!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[MAJOR BUG!! 257.22] Something seriously wrong with decimals, broke my entire game!!

Hi guys. So I can't supply an MFA of my game because I have signed NDAs, but I can supply an MFA of the same decimal-based platform movement code I based it on (Nifflas' example) which is also broken by it now.

Take a look at the attached MFA file. In previous versions, the left and right arrows moved the character left and right, and the jump height was fine. In the newest version, both keys make the character move right (at different speeds) and the jump is completely broken. All I can think is that this must be to do with a change in the way decimals work or something. In my own game, the character's walking animation also plays when standing still, meaning it must be reading a value higher than 0 from the X Speed.

Suddenly, after being fine before, this platform movement is completely broken. The only thing I can think is that it uses decimals.

If I revert to the latest stable release it's back to normal again. I'm happy to do so but it means I can't beta test the exporters as they update.

EDIT: It seems to be to do with negative decimals. Something is going wrong with negative numbers.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DistantJ - Tried this before and after upgrading. Before it worked fine, but after it is messed up. Very worrying!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any thoughts on this, CT?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yves and Francois are both on vacation thru July so they won't be here to respond on the issue.

I am sure when they get back they will fix this issue and any other issue beta testers find in the new build.
    So if you are not effected by this issue and can still run the new beta version please do and report any issues you find.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this has also broken one of my games (a game in space also using decimals for movement) so yeah... gotta fix it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[MAJOR BUG!! 257.22] Something seriously wrong with decimals, broke my entire...

Thanks Jeff. I will have to revert to the stable build so I can continue work, but I am also a beta tester, I will try to maybe install the latest beta into another computer to test on there, otherwise I'll just have to wait.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm, decimal calcs broken after update from 257.17 to 257.22.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was going crazy Explains why some of my projects are behaving oddly.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you sure it's decimal calcs and not the min/max calcs not working?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can now confirm that this is fixed in the latest beta. Must have been to do with the min/max values.