User Tag List

Thread: Custom Movement Platform Vertical

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Movement Platform Vertical

Hello, my name is Dimar. I'm from Brazil. I'm making a platform game with the tutorial site Clickteam (DavidN), but I can not work platform vertically. So I put the file on this link: http://mfa.aquadasoft.com/upload/137...ical_Error.mfa
    If you can, get in there in the line of the error and help me please. Some blocks of events are blocked because I put in a public place and, as I am doing a series of videos not want people to recede before seeing the videos (which are in this channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel / UCr96igBkkTLg6a1Q1jhNcKQ). Help me, please.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

I can't take a look at your .mfa right now but I watched your video and I think that what you need to do is:

If player feet detector (or sprite mask, don't know what you are using) is overlaping the platform
    set player Y position to player Y position + vertical platform speed (I believe that you've set an Alterable value to add to the platform Y position)

Well, I hope it helps!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimar,
    Getting Vertical platforms to work correctly is a little tricky, I have worked out a way to do it that works really well, but If I were to tell you now the way I do it, it would mess up your code that you have already done and probably create confusion for you.
    I will eventually be showing how I have achieved it in my blog and I know that doesn't help you now but it might be worth looking at when I do get to the part.

Gerald

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dimar

I hope this can solve your problem. Please, next time, don't send a locked .mfa. A stripped down version that shows the problem is much better and easier to try to fix (at least to me) than a locked one.
    I couldn't send the file using the forum uploader ( error #2038 I think). Well, if you find it useful, please send it to this thread if you can so others can see it in the future and maybe they can benefit from it too ( I feel happy to find old links working with an answer that you couldn't find anywhere else).

Cheers!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rm%20error.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @gerald999

I always read your signature wrongly...
    To me it says: "Making games is fun, the reward is people paying them"
    Something don't make sense and it rings a bell then I notice that I read it wrongly ^^

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loglady View Post
    @gerald999

I always read your signature wrongly...
    To me it says: "Making games is fun, the reward is people paying them"
    Something don't make sense and it rings a bell then I notice that I read it wrongly ^^
    Haha that's awesome!, I'm glad I didn't actually make it that way!

FYI: The example fix you made is nice and the player can actually stand on the platform correctly now - but the problem you run into whenever setting the players Y or X position to anything outside of the loop causes additional problems.
    For example run the fix you made and while your ontop of the vertical platform keep jumping and you will notice that you will get stuck in the block above, also if you try to jump onto the platform from directly below it.......well try it and you will see what I mean.
    Now, you could do something similar with groups and it would work but I (personally) find that way to be inefficient and cumbersome.

I'm not trying to put down your help fix because the more help the better, just pointing out what I noticed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @gerald999

I'm aware about these problems.
    I prefer to use some other actives to test for collisions (for the top, left side, right side and feet) and stop the related loops (like I did for the feet) but I just remade over what Dimar did. I don't like to use the sprite mask alone to deal with all kinds of collisions and situations but he is making some videos teaching about MMF2 and I believe that he will add these things later on. ^^

Anyway, thanks for point it out so others that see this thread will know before hand about these things.

Cheers!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platform error fix example

It's the same file that was on my dropbox. Anyone going to view/use this example be aware of what was discussed here before (read the whole thread!!!).

Platform error.zip