User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Isometric platformer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impossible shapes are quite easy to do with isometric... because there's no scaling down as things get further away, you can line up two objects and make them appear to join. In actuality, one of those objects a few unit lower/higher than it appears. If objects were to scale down as they do true 3D, it would be very obvious that it doesn't join.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New
    • Lightsystem (euclidean spheres)
    • picks strongest lit value (from infinite list) that was inherited by source
    • light strength 0 to 255, channels R.G.B, radius 0 to ~X^7

• Command line
    • fps 1 / fps 0

try demo
    try demo (swfCabin)

The light system is devised to partially counter dept issues common to isometrical views. It's currently looping through a big chunk of nodes, radius is set to 4 until it's optimized. The world consists of two arrays linked together in a 5D matrix, it's really handy right now but might get memory intensive later on.

Currently euclidean spheres has low and acceptable impact on performance. It was much faster than planned.

@greenfrog: I turned off saving for flash, the "popup" has a small chance of intimidate users. I'm going to use automatic save but might choose save/load buttons if it gets to inconvenient for players. Indeed it is an impossible shape. I'm looking into ways to avoid those.

any input is welcome

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't load the demo. It says that Google Chrome couldn't find/connect to the webpage.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm my ISP and/or webhost isn't under maintenance. It loads on my friends computer?.. I'll look into uploading a mirror.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is really cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a new version! ^^

try it here

So this is me connecting the dots, I'm a bit over my own level so if you see errors please inform me.

These are my layers, it's one of many ways to reach/handle data faster. It's also the way I find and render nodes. The grey Cube is essentially my camera.

My blunt renderdistance function, it adds data to a background process. It factors the sum of player-angular-force (in worldspace) and then add suitable nodes to an array. It's divided into 3 processes or slow-loops (that someone called them). These are: finding possible node, rendering node if it does'nt exist and unloading nodes that are out of screen or player view.

Prerenders from zBrush. Any animated character will be prerendered with some pixel tweaks (outline, non-perspective etc). All other graphics are done with pixel'ing.

I stray from 2 graphic rules, I use pitchblack in the world and I'm not using power of 2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomba any chances you will release this tech as OpenSource or PaySource?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind making a lightweight 2D version (widget) for educational purposes towards the community.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy crap, that looks amazing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tompa, and what would be limitation of such widget? I was curious about seeing connection between your engine and mine: http://tm2fk.pl/PlayfieldScale/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast