User Tag List

Thread: Random Chunk Generator using "Create New Objects"?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Chunk Generator using "Create New Objects"?

I have some breakable objects in my game. I managed to get the breakable objects working. It would be cool if when I hit a object to have pieces of the objects fly off randomly. Does anyone know or have any techniques to achieve this? I am figuring I have to use "create new objects" with this some how but I am not really sure how. Can someone help me out?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about this. I know that I am going to obviously need a separate active object to serve as the chunk(s) that fly off a object. So basically when the character hits the object the pieces start to randomly fly around off the object. I am also thinking that I am going to need the timer object to achieve the different areas that the chunks fly off? But then there is a build in condition in the Editor called " X chances out of Y at random? Could I use that option in conjunction with the timer? I am thinking I have all the pieces I am just wondering how to put them together in the Event Editor. Any suggestions from anyone?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to do it in a very simple way once. I was just using launch object and i was selecting several directions. If you select a lot of directions, then the final direction will be randomly selected from the ones you have chosen.

Also, you can fake a gravity effect, if it is a side scroller, by applying a gravity acceleration to them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE:

WOW, that does sound easy! I am about to play with it now, and let you know my results. Thanks man!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy to help...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply give the destroyed parts the Pinball movement and setup the directions in the frameeditor. Works like a charm every time. It is pretty much the only thing the pinball movement is useful for

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad at all Popcorn!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    I simply give the destroyed parts the Pinball movement and setup the directions in the frameeditor. Works like a charm every time. It is pretty much the only thing the pinball movement is useful for
    REALLY? That sounds so simple! I wonder if I could actually do a combo of what Popcorn said and using Random or the directional pad...?