User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Duke3D style engine for MMF?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Interested

16 45.71%
  • Somewhat Interested

11 31.43%
  • Uninterested

6 17.14%
  • Very Uninterested

2 5.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Advanced Raycasting Extension?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanotherpg View Post
    @Dishtron Hayo and MattEsch stopped working on Fishhead 3D, but MattEsch carried on with Stone Goose family of objects (He released even SG level editor or sth like that). But I never heard that extension itself was stopped.
    Unfortunately, I've tried contacting him about the Stone Goose objects, but he hasn't responed. Also, MattEsch seems to always be on ClickConverse now, but he doesn't ever seem to say anything or respond to questions, so I'm not sure if he's working on them anymore.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, I'm still interested in the project. Anyone know where I might be able to find someone who could make this extension a reality?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Andos has managed to make a raycaster in MMF2 before using the Overlay Redux object, and he's also made extensions before, and he's been able to make a raycaster using the Navigation Mesh object (which he made) and the Surface object as well. He's also made graphical extensions before (he made the parallaxer object), so he seems to be able to make graphical extensions. You might want to ask him about it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a fairly simple and fast 1-reflection raycast example I made a while back. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Example.mfa It can be adjusted to suit however many reflections are needed, but it's limited in that it requires more events in order to add more reflections. If you ever need a simple variation of raycasting, this could be it. I used the advanced direction object, but you don't really have to, and the surface object which is simply for visual purposes. Everything else is done with active objects.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5