User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Duke3D style engine for MMF?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Interested

16 45.71%
  • Somewhat Interested

11 31.43%
  • Uninterested

6 17.14%
  • Very Uninterested

2 5.71%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Raycasting Extension?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am aware of that and trust me I was trying to, but I failed miserably. And I do not see any LOGIC behind not releasing source code behind the extension examples - especially when we had to pay for it (personal opinion, no comment about amount of fact that it was expensive to do that extension). I learn better when i can see someone else work like source code, and understand how things works together.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanotherpg View Post
    I am aware of that and trust me I was trying to, but I failed miserably. And I do not see any LOGIC behind not releasing source code behind the extension examples - especially when we had to pay for it (personal opinion, no comment about amount of fact that it was expensive to do that extension). I learn better when i can see someone else work like source code, and understand how things works together.
    I think it's more likely that they thought the editor was sufficient for most peoples needs and that anyone who wanted something more complex/different would just make there won.

Also, the extension did come with an open source engine and demo's that you could build your game on. I used them to make my Discaster demo's.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, maybe someone could contact the developer of the BUILD engine to see if he would be able to make a BUILD engine object for MMF2 if he were paid to do it. After all, if he were paid to do it, then he could probably buy any resources that he doesn't already have (mainly MMF2, since I'm going to guess he doesn't have it (there is the slim chance that he does, but that's aside of the point)), and it also would make it so that time isn't as much of an issue (if any issue at all).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dishtron yes I know they provided some example files for games, for example I based my projects on your releases. Yet the engine never was open sourced and that was irritating me :<

But yeah I believe it would be cheaper asking someone within community to release extension.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just sent of an e-mail to the guy who ported the Build engine to windows. I'm not sure what kind of a response we will get though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disthron and have you thought about Jedi Engine?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanotherpg View Post
    Disthron and have you thought about Jedi Engine?
    Well, no not really. However the Jedi Engine was very similar to the Build Engine. Also no word back from the guy who made the Opengl port of the Build Engine. Anyway, if we were to just write our own. It would be built from scratch to work with MMF2, have the features we want and I wouldn't have to worry about delving into the murky depths of licensing other peoples stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Esch Stone Goose was looking very promising in couple of minutes they made working 3D world with full object interactions.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I see no issue in moving this to the Tech Support forum if it's going to generate a little more interest and attention Disthron... let me know!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I see no issue in moving this to the Tech Support forum if it's going to generate a little more interest and attention Disthron... let me know!
    That might be good. I'm often confused as to where to put this kind of stuff. Even though it's technically called the Tech Support forum it seems to be more of a general forum for MMF2 than the Owners Lounge. Maybe it's because it's new? But anyway, this thread would probably get a lot more interest if it was in the MMF2 Tech Suport Forum.

@Fanotherpg: The Stone Goose engine, if I'm not mistaken, took a lot longer than a few minutes to get to where it was. They were trying to do something similar to what I want to do. That is make an entry level 2.5D engine for MMF2. One that strikes a balance between graphical fidelity and ease of use. I would be open to doing it that way as well. But I'd have to discus it with perspective programmers to see what is best and what I'd be able to afford.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast