MAD - Move and Destroy
I am making a shoot em up for Android and now that it is in early stages, i would like to know your opinion on how it feels.
It is using graphics and sounds from the available libraries and this site, which has very good music: http://www.freestockmusic.com/
For the moment, only the first level is available and it is not complete. The ship doesn't die yet (though there is a collision detection with other ships).
It was really hard for me to decide the type of control, orientation of screen and size of the ships.
The trees are supposed to have this "paper" look. It is like a style i implemented to fake 3D and didn't want to put a top view of the tree when it is straight under the camera.
In case you wonder:
- The scrolling is fake and made by moving actives
- There is a real time 3D fake effect for the trees, buildings, grass...
- Ground is randomly generated
- The numbers are for debugging purposes
- Shadows for every flying object
- Wave types
- Movement of ship manually made (after a lot of different approaches)
- You don't die...
- Yes... you have to click a second time in the menu to start the game...
- Yes... i will improve the menu screen...
- Noooo....you will not be able to pass the "Made with multimedia Fusion" intro...(you have to see it so my app is legally commercial..., not to mention i like the effect :P)
- Yes... maybe i will change the title Graphics...
- Noo.... i am not changing the name of the game...
- Please notice the nice effects when you collide with the spaceships ^^ i like it so much lolol...
I am interested for comments also by people with tablets...
Thank you all for testing, if you test...If you don't, thank you also for reading this
Here are some Screenshots
2013-08-09 19.47.15.jpg2013-08-09 19.47.34.png2013-08-09 19.47.56.jpg2013-08-09 19.50.21.jpg
DOWNLOAD THE APK
Note: This link will be valid at any time. If you want to check the progress of the project, download it again from the same link