User Tag List

Thread: Errors in the Popcorn Scrolling tutorial

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errors in the Popcorn Scrolling tutorial

I always wondered why people couldn't get the mouse scrolling tutorial to work (even when the frame size was larger than the application size) and I finally figured out why.

tutorial error.jpg

Basically the code for scrolling right indicates the left frame edge as a condition. I thought I would save time if I followed the tutorial verbatim, but it didn't work. It was pretty frustrating for about ten minutes, but to a beginner who has no idea what they are doing, this could be extremely frustrating when they have followed the instructions, yet the scrolling fails to work.

Anyway, I think it should be updated right away or temporarily taken down or something. I didn't check the other part of the tutorials, so maybe just the mouse part has some problems.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you PM Popcorn on this error?

Thanks,
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need. Good find, redpandagames! I could look into it, but I don't have the source anymore, and I don't have any program that can edit pdf's.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    No need. Good find, redpandagames! I could look into it, but I don't have the source anymore, and I don't have any program that can edit pdf's.
    I could probably edit it. It may be visually off somewhat, but I could do it.