User Tag List

Thread: Having transparent color as default instead of alfa channel in frame editor

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having transparent color as default instead of alfa channel in frame editor

Something that has been bugging me for a long time is that I have found no way to change the default transparent option for frames in the frame editor for active objects. I (pretty much) never use alpha channels, since I favor old school pixel art over more modern approaches. Each time I load a 8-16 frame animation (that I have exported from Photoshop) I have to set the transparency from Alpha channel to Transparent color manually for each frame. When doing minor tweaks to an almost finished animation, this moment takes up a lot of time that could be used more effectively.

So, my question is, is there any way to change the default option for transparency in the frame editor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing you save your images from Photoshop in a format that has an alpha channel, eg PNG?
    Use a different system that doesn't support alpha channels, eg BMP, and use a colour you don't use anywhere else as your transparency/background colour, eg Magenta RGB(255,0,255).
    Then import your animation as usual and pick the same colour as your transparency/background colour and the frame editor should get it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answer! I do save my images as png, but they do not have an alpha channel (unless png:s have an alpha channel no matter what). The images use magenta as transparent color, and there are no transparent regions.

Does it matter what file format I use for images, performance wise? BMP:s are generally larger than PNG:s, but that might not matter if MMF2 converts the images to some other format anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good to know. I only store background graphics and collision masks externally, so that means I can probably start saving animations as BMP.

Thanks for the help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the methos AyreGuitar suggested, and sadly it didn't work. I imported the animation sequence from BMP files, but still had to set the transparency color on each frame individually. I would really love a solution to this, as it gets rather tedious to set the transparency color of 8-16 frames each time I make a small change to an animation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry! I realized I managed to import the png version. Importing as BMP indeed does work. Thanks a lot for this - it will make importing so much smoother