User Tag List

Thread: Active Picture and INI File Help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Active Picture and INI File Help

Hi everyone,

I am developing my first iOS app, and I'm finally ready to start testing it in XCode. My app uses both INI files and the Active Picture extension, but I cannot get either INI files or external images to load properly when I test the game on my Mac. I tried to read up on the topic via pre-existing threads, but I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

In MMF2, the INI files are specified within the object itself. For example, let's say within the Event Editor I load a file called "data.ini". My understanding is that I should then manually add the data.ini file to the XCode resources folder, correct? From there, I think that my application is supposed to automatically find the INI file when it is loaded within my app. It does not seem to do this, though; the INI file is not loaded.

Regarding Active Pictures, it's the same thing. I have an event that load an external image. For instance, an event calls for "scene.png". Again, I thought that I was then supposed to manually add the scene.png file to XCode's resources folder, which should then load the image...but the image does not load when I test the app.

Should I be using complete paths instead of just the filename? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Basically, I am lost and hoping that someone can walk me through the process, step by step, of correctly setting up both INI files and external images so that they will properly load in iOS. I am more than happy to provide additional information if necessary.

Thanks so much!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to add these files within XCode, just adding them to a folder won't work because XCode won't realize that they're supposed to be part of the project.

Alternatively, support for using Data Elements was added to the exporter in Beta 256-1, so you can add your files to that before exporting your project to XCode which you might find simpler.

More details here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/81924-Active-Picture-in-iOS?highlight=external

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I'm going to look into using Data Elements to simplify things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I created a quick test app, and the images and INI files loaded perfectly, so it turns out this isn't the problem with my app. I am actually about to create a new post, now that I've pinpointed the actual problem. Thanks again, AyreGuitar!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple remarks:
    If the INI object (or other extension) was added to the project AFTER the version you currently have installed on the iOS device, you will have to create 'iOS Xcode project' or 'iOS final Xcode project', and install it on the device. Also, in some cases, for things to work, you will have to delete the project history and logs in Xcode, using the Organizer.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Using the 'Data elements' editor for adding premade INI or image files is the easiest way of doing it.
    It will embed the files into the .CCI file so it is much easier for you to export to the Mac.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be helpful, thanks a lot!