User Tag List

Thread: String Tokenizer Problem in iOS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question String Tokenizer Problem in iOS

Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of creating my first iOS app, and I've been trying to get the app to work properly in XCode. Unfortunately, I'm running into problems. At first I thought that I didn't transfer over some INI files properly, but after much testing I've narrowed down the problem to the String Tokenizer.

In my app, I use the string tokenizer to split apart a string that is retrieved from an INI file. As a basic example, let's say I have an INI file called data.ini that is structured as follows:

[Data]
    Event1=play_music <menu><loop>

I then have the string tokenizer set to split the string GroupItemString$( "data.ini", "Data", "Event"+Str$(Current_Event)), where Current_Event is a global value set by the application. The delimiters I use are "<>".

On the PC, this works perfectly. If I have a text string show me the result of Element$( "String tokenizer", 0), it displays "play_music". If I have it show Element$( "String tokenizer", 1), it displays "menu".

In XCode, however, whenever I call Element$( "String tokenizer", 0) or Element$( "String tokenizer", 1), it displays the entire line: "play_music <menu><loop>", as though the string has not been split apart at all. Because of this, the app is not working properly...but only in XCode.

Is this a bug with string tokenizer? Is there a problem with using brackets as delimiters? Or is something odd with my specific application/event setup?

I'm hoping someone can assist me with this. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update: I created a small test file, and it turns out that the delimiters "<>" do not work properly in iOS. The above problem occurs. When I switch the delimiters to "|", it works perfectly. So it seems that is where the problem lies. Any ideas about what could be wrong with the brackets?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested the extension, "String tokenizer" does not function on IOS. Anyone has a solution?