User Tag List

Thread: Add items every so often

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add items every so often

So every so often, in an endless running game, I need a certain graphic to appear and where the player can run into it and they slow down. How can I do this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseK View Post
    So every so often, in an endless running game, I need a certain graphic to appear and where the player can run into it and they slow down. How can I do this?
    Have you followed this tutorial to get as far as you have gotten, by any chance?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Have you followed this tutorial to get as far as you have gotten, by any chance?

Yep, lol. It's not exactly the same though, completely different graphics and also other ideas for the game once I.. well, fully understand the program.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Random time, varied times.
    2) Needs to be, well, on the platform of the endless running game.
    3) Space to jump, that's... well, it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, first off, if you're following that tutorial, then you need to check to see if a platform is being created by checking the global value that is for creating platforms and checking to see if it's greater than 0 (or greater than 1 or 2 or so if you don't want it to be created at the very end of a platform). Then, you need to add some sort of timer-based event, such as "Every 5 seconds" (since there is such a condition). However, you might also want to test to see if the global value is lower than a certain value to make sure it isn't created at the very beginning of a platform. Then, when the player collides with the object, subtract a certain value from the player speed, or divide it by 2, or do whatever you want to do with it.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Well, first off, if you're following that tutorial, then you need to check to see if a platform is being created by checking the global value that is for creating platforms and checking to see if it's greater than 0 (or greater than 1 or 2 or so if you don't want it to be created at the very end of a platform). Then, you need to add some sort of timer-based event, such as "Every 5 seconds" (since there is such a condition). However, you might also want to test to see if the global value is lower than a certain value to make sure it isn't created at the very beginning of a platform. Then, when the player collides with the object, subtract a certain value from the player speed, or divide it by 2, or do whatever you want to do with it.
    How do I get it to follow along on the platform? I get it to appear every 17 seconds (can't get it to appear randomly...) but it appears on a platform and just stays where it is not following the platform it appeared on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To do that, simply subtract the run speed from the X coordinates of the object, just like you did for the platform.