Thread: Mario and Luigi RPG: Can I do it

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Mario and Luigi RPG: Can I do it

Hi,

I have an idea about a Mario and Luigi RPG Game. I have allmost all the Sprites and Sounds, and I┤m looking for the basic which gives yo the look and feel of a Mario and Luigi RPG Game. Can I do it with any of the Versions of the clickteam programms, And if yes, with which?

here is what the engine must do:

Everything a Mario and Luigi RPG like from Alphadream has
    A Battle system with enemies ON THE RIGHT SIDE
    Changeing between different worlds (e.. g Dream World (2D) and real world (3D))
    Design own attacks for Mario Bros and Enemies
    With attacks: Don┤t walk in the middle and do any thunder animation or so, but go to the selected enemy with the hammer for example and do the attack there.
    Bros Attacks and Battle Items
    Leveling
    All Attacks of Players should be timed hit attacks
    Overworld- Moves (drill, spin jump...)
    Beans
    Badges
    Shops
    Sidequests
    Cutscenes
    Speaking Bubbles near the Character who speaks
    Small Minigames in Overworld
    Warp Pipes/Zones
    Partners who can be called in Battle to help (Toad/ Peach...)
    Locking of ways until a special action was done
    Easy translation of dialogues and texts

Here is what would be very good, but not necessary:

It would be very very amazing if we could export this as a file for DS, so with Touchscreen and topscreen
    If you have another idea, feel free to post (-;

If you can help me anyway, for example with a template (would be soooooo amazing ) with a tutorial, or else, feel free to reply

So: Can I use this programms, or must I take another (which) programm?

Sorry for my bad english

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, just about any version of TGF2/MMF2 should work. You might even be able to do it in the demo version of one of those, but you can't exactly release it that way, and you won't have very long to make it if you try to make it in the demo. However, there are a few issues: There isn't really a such thing as "easy translation of dialogues and texts" that is reliable enough, so you'll have to settle with the game only being in languages you know. As a matter of fact, for it to support languages like Japanese at all, you'd need to get the Unicode add-on for MMF2.

Also, real 3D in MMF2 won't exactly work (like the 3D polygon kind of 3D).

Lots of those things don't require 3D and require some creativity to get them done properly (almost anything good in programming does), though, which means that they can be done in MMF2, though you'll have to figure out a lot of it yourself (or with this community's help, but there are only so many people on here who have experience with making RPGs, so help from here may be a little bit limited).

Also, this should not be what you expect to be able to get done as your first game in MMF2. You should make some simpler games first. Quite frankly, even a full-length Super Mario World clone would be easier than this, since at least Super Mario World isn't an RPG (which is a hard game genre to make games for in general), though that would still be a little much to take on as your first game. I advise you start by downloading the demo and following the tutorials that work in the demo version of TGF2/MMF2/MMF2DEV, and then work your way up from there.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frog is right, while all of this is definitely possible in MMF - it is a very bad idea for your first project in a software you aren't familiar with.

That, and most of the community tends to shun 'fan-games' so don't expect as much help as if you were making something original.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh, yeah like Chaos said, why would we want to make a fan M&L RPG when we could just play the Mario and Luigi games? The alternative, therefore, would be to do a subversive parody; featuring ideas and concepts that Nintendo would likely never want to include.

Mario and Luigi are faced with an issue of moral and ethical complexity; rendering them confused and frustrated

Princess Peach has a completely humorless twelve-minute debate on foreign policy with another leader

There's an extended section where you play as Wario and Waluigi

In the final boss, you have to first destroy its genitals to open its weak spot

Starlow gets aids

Luigi acts more openly gay than he already has (oh wait, that's impossible. Never mind)

When bosses are defeated, they explode into a fountain of blood and guts

Instead of Mushrooms, you recover health by rehabilitating in the hospital for several months

The sets, levels and locations are all designed in the style of 1920's German Expressionism

Kamie Koopa's eternal youth spell wears off and she instantly decays into dust

The plot contains notable anti-Russian undertones

Text is done away with and replaced by complete audio-dialogue, voiced entirely by Bruce Willis

The game is packaged deep inside a full jar of peanut butter

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? I never said anything remotely close to that. I just said that people on this forum tend to shun fan games that use trademarked IPs, instead of entirely original content.

...and on that, that game sounds miserable - original content or not.