So I'm considering a purchase of the android exporter, but before I do, I want to lay down a couple of questions.
- Firstly, how do I navigate about the huge variety in Android Screen sizes? With so many different aspect ratios, I have no clue how large to make the viewing window, and would worry that my game would be incompatible with a number of devices. My personal device that I would be testing on is a Samsung Galaxy S4, which has a significantly larger screen (1080 X 1920 Pixels) than most android devices.
- I've heard that MMF2 projects that export to Android are restricted from using plugins. My current project relies heavily on the Datagrid object; is this considered a plugin, or does the restriction only apply to non-inbuilt extensions of MMF2?
- My game relies on saving level content into the filesystem of the device it runs on. Is this pretty easy to do with the Android exporter?
- I'm trying to iron it out, but as of now my game has about 15 frames of lag when the player traverses sloped surfaces. Would this lag be exaggerated in an Android build?
- After I release my android version, would squeezing the project through the IOS exporter be pretty much painless?
On a side note, I do realize that there's a similar thread still on the front page of this forum, but my questions are pretty different, and that thread's been dead for ten days.