User Tag List

Thread: Few frames vs Multiple frames - game help needed

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Few frames vs Multiple frames - game help needed

Hi there everyone! I'm new to the site and I was wondering if you could help me out.

I'm trying to make a simple enough game but I'm uncertain how to do certain things in it (I'm very new to MMF2).

So basically, 1. my game would involve the user clicking on a camouflaged object on a camouflaged background and the time it took to find the object, the coordinates of where the user clicked and the location of the object are recorded.

2. Once clicked, the next frame would be an object flying across the screen that the user doesn't need to interact with, just watch.

3. Finally, it goes to a third frame where the user would have to perform the same task as in the first frame but the object would be slightly different in colour (i.e. a new object).

Now I have managed to do all the parts more or less. The first and third is basically the same. However, the way it's written, I used .ini files to recall the objects from folders, so if only the first frame were used each time the user clicked the object a new object would appear on a new background in a random place. However, when I try to link in the second and third frame and loop back to the first frame the counter will not go up and the same object and background will always be used.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to make this work so that the user could go through all the objects and backgrounds in the folder using just a few frames or would I have to create a separate frame for each new background/object combo?

Sorry it's a bit long winded. Please let me know if you want me to clarify anything. Thanks very much!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a way to do it. Just make the backgrounds an active object, and change the animation direction based on what the previously-shown background was (if you know how to use global values, you should be able to do that easily).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I managed to figure it out in a slightly different way. But now whenever I try to run the second user interactive slide it only ever brings up the first background and object from the ini file and never goes to the second item even though the counter goes up. I don't understand why. In the data file it claims it loads the correct background and object but in the application run it keeps repeating the same one over and over again...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marllux View Post
    Thank you, I managed to figure it out in a slightly different way. But now whenever I try to run the second user interactive slide it only ever brings up the first background and object from the ini file and never goes to the second item even though the counter goes up. I don't understand why. In the data file it claims it loads the correct background and object but in the application run it keeps repeating the same one over and over again...
    INIs aren't the only way to do it, unless you want to save the current progress that the user has. If you don't need to save, then you can store the value in a global value.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    INIs aren't the only way to do it, unless you want to save the current progress that the user has. If you don't need to save, then you can store the value in a global value.
    I need to save where the user clicks on the object everytime and how quickly they click on it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marllux View Post
    I need to save where the user clicks on the object everytime and how quickly they click on it.
    Okay. Just curious, but how do you change the background? You didn't exactly mention how you change it. Do you use multiple directions in one object? Do you use the Active Picture object? Something else?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Just curious, but how do you change the background? You didn't exactly mention how you change it. Do you use multiple directions in one object? Do you use the Active Picture object? Something else?
    Sorry I didn't mention it. Both the background and object are active pictures and the item with the value of the picture I want is recalled through ini files from folders in the same directory as the application.

Sort of like this:

Apppath$+"bird\"+Global String B+"\"+GroupItemString$( "tgOrder", (Global String B), Str$(value( "Trial Counter" )))+".png"

Where Global String B is a text input of the trial number and it chooses the appropriate folder based on the input. The trial counter goes up each time the object is clicked and is supposed to move on to the next one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, it might be that you need to add an extra "\" behind "bird", like this:

Apppath$+"\bird\"+Global String B+"\"+GroupItemString$( "tgOrder", (Global String B), Str$(value( "Trial Counter" )))+".png"

Have you tried that yet? I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a shot...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, it might be that you need to add an extra "\" behind "bird", like this:

Apppath$+"\bird\"+Global String B+"\"+GroupItemString$( "tgOrder", (Global String B), Str$(value( "Trial Counter" )))+".png"

Have you tried that yet? I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a shot...
    I haven't tried it, I'll give it a shot. However, the first set of backgrounds and objects has the exact wording and it seems to work fine for some reason.