User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox controller support before XNA exporter purchase?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xbox controller support before XNA exporter purchase?

Hey guys,

I have been searching the forums under related threads but none of them really stooped down to my low level of knowledge on this topic.

I own the full copy of MMF2 and have finally started trying to integrate an xbox controller into my programs. I understand that I need to own the XNA exporter to finalize a project for Xbox but is there a way I can use and test my project with an Xbox controller before I purchase the exporter?

I read on here that I can download Joystick 2 and/or Xbox controller from the downloads page on the main site but I have no clue which extension pack this is in.

I'd like to start developing this project with the aid of controller support but I don't have the spare cash to purchase the XNA upgrade just yet.

Thanks guys.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the exact extension pack either, but this forum has a search feature. Have you tried that?

EDIT: z33z made the object, so it should be in his extension pack.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    I don't know the exact extension pack either, but this forum has a search feature. Have you tried that?
    I sure did. There was plenty of information on the topic but not enough to answer my question.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, z33z made the object, so it's probably in this extension pack:

http://www.clickteam.com/webftp/files/mmf2/Exts/MMF2z33zExtPack.exe

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I downloaded it and it seems to have installed fine. I still have no clue how to work it but I'll fiddle with it a little more.

Here's another question for ya. Since I don't have the XNA exporter yet, if I start to develop this program with the Joystick2 will that come back to haunt me when I finally do get the XNA? In other words, do all XBOX applications require the XNA controller object or will Joystick 2 work the exact same when ported over?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuklear View Post
    Yeah, I downloaded it and it seems to have installed fine. I still have no clue how to work it but I'll fiddle with it a little more.

Here's another question for ya. Since I don't have the XNA exporter yet, if I start to develop this program with the Joystick2 will that come back to haunt me when I finally do get the XNA? In other words, do all XBOX applications require the XNA controller object or will Joystick 2 work the exact same when ported over?
    I don't have the XNA runtime, but it shouldn't be too hard to replace the Joystick 2 object with the XNA gamepad object (or whatever it's called).

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely that the joystick2 object is windows exclusive

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    I don't have the XNA runtime, but it shouldn't be too hard to replace the Joystick 2 object with the XNA gamepad object (or whatever it's called).
    That wouldn't require me completely reprogramming every single event based around that object? That seems pretty hard to me.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that you have access to the demo of MMF2 which contains all the export runtimes. If need be, you could install the demo version (one month until it expires) which should let you use the xna exporter and its extensions, but don't quote me on this.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for helping me but my questions are still not being answered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast