User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: An early look at my OpenGL engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile An early look at my OpenGL engine

Since nobody else was willing to make such an engine, I have taken up the work of making a simple, easy-to-use OpenGL engine in MMF2. Currently, it can render 1 cube at any specified coordinates. I'm working on making it able to render as many cubes as you want (before the game crashes, that is) right now, but I want to show everyone how much progress I have right now. I managed to make this in only a few hours. The code is heavily based off of the code from the OpenGL collection example "XLua Simple triangle", though it also uses some code I found on an OpenGL wiki for the culling code (however, let's just say that it wasn't easy to transition to culling because of the exact way I did my cube (and it wasn't a problem with the way I did it so much as the exact positioning of the triangles' individual points)).

Controls: Arrow keys move the cube, A and Z keys move the cube towards and away from the screen.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

OpenGL-Base.mfx et OpenGL lightningAdvanced.mfx was missed..where i can find..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go: http://castles-of-britain.com/opengl...tion_beta3.zip

And no, nivram didn't make the object, he's just hosting it, since the original download link for the objects is down.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thank you..but the application have a "black screen" , no cube...and i must kill the app..

the example of OpenGL run...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, must be a compatibility issue. What are your computer's specs?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, wait, I forgot, you need OpenGL.dll in the same folder as the program for it to work. I think it's included with the OpenGL collection, in the examples folder for MMF2 (since the examples use it as well).

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very excellent happygreenfrog and thanks for your work

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up: I was having problems with hidden surface removal. However, I managed to find a solution, so now I just need to add color, and possibly lighting, and then I'll be ready to upload a new version.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next version is getting there, I just need to add color support.

The next version will have the following features:

Support for as many cubes as you want (as many as MMF2 can handle before crashing, that is).

Support for coloring cubes however you want.

3D rotations.

Possibly scaling (it shouldn't be that hard to implement).

Possibly making it so that 3D cubes are handled in a qualifier instead of having only 1 object that can render a cube.

The only thing that isn't only a possibility of being in the next version that I have yet to add is coloring the cubes. I don't think I'm going to be able to get lighting done for the next version, but is it really necessary for a very simple 3D game anyway?

EDIT: Colors and qualifiers implemented. I think I'll wait until scaling has been added to upload it, though...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast