Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: About MMF 2.5 :)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji_Kabuto View Post
    This did not seem very kind on your part Jeff, if I give an opinion is to help not to destroy.

And they are not unfinished projects, they are engines that operate and which have served me for many commercial apps for customers and for my own games for many years.

BTW, this not depresses me, scares me.

Taking the point of MMF 2.5, guarantee in the time we have you will give support to the product, when 100% on Fusion 3 are focused?

A little more than I respect, for someone who has working with the product of Clickteam over 20 years and has worked as a beta tester since the time of K&P.
    With all due respect here, I really do fail to see what the point is... I too, have clients that I develop both games and software for in Multimedia Fusion 2. When Fusion 3 is released, it won't affect me or my clients. I will develop new contracts/applications/games inside of Fusion 3 from scratch and existing software(s)/projects I can still continue using MMF2/2.5 for. When Fusion3 is released, Fusion 2.5 will still work?!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    With all due respect here, I really do fail to see what the point is... I too, have clients that I develop both games and software for in Multimedia Fusion 2. When Fusion 3 is released, it won't affect me or my clients. I will develop new contracts/applications/games inside of Fusion 3 from scratch and existing software(s)/projects I can still continue using MMF2/2.5 for. When Fusion3 is released, Fusion 2.5 will still work?!
    With the response of the converter there is no point, since we can pick up much of our code, especially if it does not have extensions that are not of Clickteam. Initially he was making, or so I understood that everything was going to be from scratch and that if it was a great loss of time for those who refuse to code and routines already carried out for years.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Danny. Just finish and design whatever games you plan to do for MMF 2.5. Fusion3 might still be a couple of years away. I'd advise to look at it as a completely new piece of software. It's for Clickteam's own benefit to rebuild from scratch an engine that's been dragged since the days of K&P, otherwise it will dwindle far behind its competition. If that happens, it might not even be affordable to them to continue making click software. They're making the best decision.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People has to understand that MMF 2.5 and Fusion 3 are two very distinct programs. And they can have both.
    If you has something to finish with MMF2, you can do it with 2.5 without any problems.
    If you want to migrate to the Fusion 3, use the tool to convert for the new program or remake better and faster, so much more efficient.
    Whenever there are times that I think my project is not very efficient and flexible, so I delete all events and do better based on what I learned trying.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if my doubt has been answered in the previous pages...

The MMFusion 2.5 will facilitate the use of multiple instances?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who are so concerned about MMF3 not being backwards compatible with your old game engines/etc...

You realize you can still use MMF2 or 2.5 right? It's not like Clickteam is releasing MMF3 and you can no longer still work on your old MMF2 games...

I never understand this argument people make when something new comes out that isn't backwards compatible.

Just... keep using MMF2? I don't know why Koji_Kabuto is "scared". Would it be better if Clickteam just didn't release anything new? Then you wouldn't be scared because you wouldn't be getting illogical thoughts about MMF3 somehow taking away your ability to keep working on your MMF2 games.

I for one am absolutely thrilled that MMF3 will not be backwards compatible. I think it should be an entirely new application. Bring it up to the modern game development tools available. Not keep it locked to a ball and chain (MMF2)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    People who are so concerned about MMF3 not being backwards compatible with your old game engines/etc...

You realize you can still use MMF2 or 2.5 right? It's not like Clickteam is releasing MMF3 and you can no longer still work on your old MMF2 games...

I never understand this argument people make when something new comes out that isn't backwards compatible.

Just... keep using MMF2? I don't know why Koji_Kabuto is "scared". Would it be better if Clickteam just didn't release anything new? Then you wouldn't be scared because you wouldn't be getting illogical thoughts about MMF3 somehow taking away your ability to keep working on your MMF2 games.

I for one am absolutely thrilled that MMF3 will not be backwards compatible. I think it should be an entirely new application. Bring it up to the modern game development tools available. Not keep it locked to a ball and chain (MMF2)
    What about the issue of compatibility? If there wasn't any converter, and a new version of an operating system broke all existing MMF2-made games, then what would you do? MMF2 won't be updated after MMF2.5 is released, and, if MMF2.5 stops being supported after a time, then the only way to continue supporting your app is to start over from scratch, which could take a while (as good as Fusion 3 may be), which would mean that, if your game was, say, an iOS/Android game, then you would get a lot of negative reviews.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    What about the issue of compatibility? If there wasn't any converter, and a new version of an operating system broke all existing MMF2-made games, then what would you do? MMF2 won't be updated after MMF2.5 is released, and, if MMF2.5 stops being supported after a time, then the only way to continue supporting your app is to start over from scratch, which could take a while (as good as Fusion 3 may be), which would mean that, if your game was, say, an iOS/Android game, then you would get a lot of negative reviews.
    It's a highly unlikely scenario, but if that were to happen, I don't think Clickteam would just shrug and say "get MMF3". They would probably make the necessary changes to allow MMF2 to work on the newer platforms...

But at some point you have to draw a line. Clickteam shouldn't be weighed down with making sure MMF2 works on platforms 10 years from now. You purchased MMF2 to work with existing operating systems. Not every new OS that comes along during your lifetime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    It's a highly unlikely scenario, but if that were to happen, I don't think Clickteam would just shrug and say "get MMF3". They would probably make the necessary changes to allow MMF2 to work on the newer platforms...
    Actually, someone from Clickteam (I forget who, I think it was either Jeff, Francois, or Yves) has stated that MMF2 will not get any more updates after MMF2.5 (or Fusion 3, I forget which one) is released. That would include updating it to fix such issues.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, how are you guys doing with the list of upgrades and what is the projected date on the 2.5 release? I'm really excited and ready to purchase!!
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast