User Tag List

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: About MMF 2.5 :)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reality of modern consoles is that to get the best performance, you will be rendering textures on quads to simulate 2D. It is just the reality of graphics hardware for the past 15 years. And games like Rayman require very powerful hardware on a PC or specialized hardware like a console to be able to go for those kinds of visuals. It would be nice to have some kind of puppet system similar to what Flash has been offering for years. But if you want to make Rayman, then you are probably asking too much from MMF (version 2..

I am curious if this UI overhaul will be fixing things like:
    - Comment height in the event list editor not getting screwed up when you make/edit a comment.
    - Better dual monitor support.
    - Ability to search in the event list editor
    - ability to actually comment out code instead of just dropping "Never" conditions. maybe a shift/ctrl select option so you can comment large blocks of code?
    - fix copy/paste functionality in the event list editor (it does not always work).

In general, once you start using the event list editor, you never go back to the event editor unless you need to sort your view by object or write a comment so that doesn't display incorrectly. I find there are a lot of ways this great alternate editor could be improved upon.

Reg

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an idea that you can use in MMF2.5. Mfa files currently can be started only after running MMF2 but MMF2 run edtr.exe to run it. So it will be great feature if You can add to Windows context menu option "Run file in edtr" without run MMF2.5. It should take max one day of work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdigita View Post
    I do not think I am wrong regarding Raymans underlying tech, it is a 3d engine PRESENTED as a 2d game.

I would love to see the code of a game engine that uses 3d elements and NOT map the hand drawn raster graphics to a quad for positioning and manipulation.
    My point was that you are making some very specific requests for a tool that DOES NOT support vectors in either 2d or 3d. (And I believe Clickteam has stated vectors are not part of MMF's future).

Bones could be done in MMF, but this would not be an easy task considering the lack of vector support and I highly doubt the average MMF user has a handle on quaternion math.
    And bones do not inherently bend & morph raster graphics, they supply position & rotation information & thats it.

There is also a huge difference between what can be done and what can be done efficiently (Mode7 object comes to mind).
    ok, but there's no vector on Rayman, just saying.
    If you look closely, you can see that things like vines, roots and ropes are just raster images stretching and bending...
    The background is the same, if you look closely, you can see that it's not only an image or a textured 3D, there are two images (and more for details), the ground and another is the wall, the ground is distorted / bended to have the shape they want and the image of the wall completes the background. I'll make an concept to show how all the things works in games like this, then you will realize that vector or 3D is not necessary.
    I remember one person from the forum (with an pony avatar) who could do what I am saying using MMF 2, don't know if he / she still working with the project.
    Bone animation is possible with the MMF 2 too, I already worked on something similar, but it's pretty hard to reach only with expressions.
    You said about Plants VS Zombies, but if it's vector, so why they took years to make it "HD compatible" on mobile devices? Maybe it's vector on PC, but on iOS and Android it's not. Years only to change the resolution... Really?
    Look closely and you will see how some parts turn blurry when tilts... (zombie head for example). Or when some plants stretch the lines stretch too. Vectors can't do things like this, if the thing stretch all the lines keeps the same thickness.
    Mobile devices can't run detailed and textured vectors so well, that's why. And look at the mobile version, they do exactly the same animation. Vector is optional, maybe easier, only.

Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    If the Mode 7 object was re-coded to work for HWA, it probably would run a lot faster.

However, those are some pretty good points, some of which I didn't know (mainly the fact that bone animation was usually a vector graphic thing).
    not all bone animation are vector. It can be done with vectors OR raster graphics. Works in a similar way, vector you change the shape, raster you distort or bend the shape.
    To make good distortions with raster graphics you need bigger images and it will totally look like "textured vectors". It's not an nightmare like people think...
    Look at programs like Spine2D, Spriter, and so on... All 2D bone animation with raster graphics, and have absolutely NOTHING of vector. You can do bone animation even with low-res bitmap, like oldschool SNES games.

Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    The reality of modern consoles is that to get the best performance, you will be rendering textures on quads to simulate 2D. It is just the reality of graphics hardware for the past 15 years. And games like Rayman require very powerful hardware on a PC or specialized hardware like a console to be able to go for those kinds of visuals. It would be nice to have some kind of puppet system similar to what Flash has been offering for years. But if you want to make Rayman, then you are probably asking too much from MMF (version 2..
    And how Rayman for Android / iOS runs so smoothly?
    Maybe it's too much for MMF 2 or 2.5, but I think that Fusion 3 will be totally capable.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok guys can we keep the posts relevant to Fusion 2.5 here please, there's a lot of side discussion going on which makes the thread less useful to those seeking info on 2.5...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if it's possible to add a new feature with layered immediate conditions:

Basically a simple condition that lets you trigger events as immediate in a certain layered order (immediate layer "1", immediate layer "2", etc.). Sometimes I need to have some events remain within a group of code to keep everything organised, but I need them to be run at the top of the event list. What I do now is add a "timer is greater than x" at the top, which makes them immediate, but it would be nice if we could have several immediate groups that are run in a layered order . Or at the least, some condition that's dedicated to do this instead of "timer is greater than x".

Now that I'm at it, it would be neat if we also had a certain condition that could make events be triggered at the end of all events (after event list, global events, behaviours). This would be useful for things like object layering or pre-render adjustments, etc., and it would be a good way to keep the code in the same group or place, but be triggered at the end of events. Maybe these could be called something like "appended layer "1"", and so forth.

By the way, I know you can do this with loops (call the loop at any point in the engine), but that's another workaround that would be needless if something like the above was implemented.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I'm wondering if it's possible to add a new feature with layered immediate conditions:

Basically a simple condition that lets you trigger events as immediate in a certain layered order (immediate layer "1", immediate layer "2", etc.). Sometimes I need to have some events remain within a group of code to keep everything organised, but I need them to be run at the top of the event list. What I do now is add a "timer is greater than x" at the top, which makes them immediate, but it would be nice if we could have several immediate groups that are run in a layered order . Or at the least, some condition that's dedicated to do this instead of "timer is greater than x".

Now that I'm at it, it would be neat if we also had a certain condition that could make events be triggered at the end of all events (after event list, global events, behaviours). This would be useful for things like object layering or pre-render adjustments, etc., and it would be a good way to keep the code in the same group or place, but be triggered at the end of events. Maybe these could be called something like "appended layer "1"", and so forth.

By the way, I know you can do this with loops (call the loop at any point in the engine), but that's another workaround that would be needless if something like the above was implemented.
    edit: i didnt read the full post until posting, my bad

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I've also needed this on several situations: being able to increase/decrease the size of the frame by anchoring everything to a relative position (centre, top, down, left, right, topright, downright, etc.), not just the left position.

Namely the anchor arrows below:

canvas-size-dialog.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if Spriter is integrated in to MMF2 yet? Would it be possible to get it working in 2.5? The developers would be happy to help. This would massively cut down the number of sprites / images needed for realistic animations, lower a games file size and probably boost performance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't any shot of new event editor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHRDAD View Post
    Isn't any shot of new event editor?
    Well, the event editor, from what I've seen of the ClickConvention livestream, is enhanced (E.G. highlighting the current row and column (a good improvement, in my opinion), for example), but not completely done from scratch (E.G. it's not completely different).

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast