The reality of modern consoles is that to get the best performance, you will be rendering textures on quads to simulate 2D. It is just the reality of graphics hardware for the past 15 years. And games like Rayman require very powerful hardware on a PC or specialized hardware like a console to be able to go for those kinds of visuals. It would be nice to have some kind of puppet system similar to what Flash has been offering for years. But if you want to make Rayman, then you are probably asking too much from MMF (version 2..
I am curious if this UI overhaul will be fixing things like:
- Comment height in the event list editor not getting screwed up when you make/edit a comment.
- Better dual monitor support.
- Ability to search in the event list editor
- ability to actually comment out code instead of just dropping "Never" conditions. maybe a shift/ctrl select option so you can comment large blocks of code?
- fix copy/paste functionality in the event list editor (it does not always work).
In general, once you start using the event list editor, you never go back to the event editor unless you need to sort your view by object or write a comment so that doesn't display incorrectly. I find there are a lot of ways this great alternate editor could be improved upon.