User Tag List

Thread: application with more than one apk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

application with more than one apk

Hi all,

many games have more than 50mo on google play store. How can do that with the actual exporter ? is-it possible to have an apk with the program and an apk for the ressource ? May be in the 2.5 feature ?

I think it is a very important things to be present on this market. point 'n click game have more than 50Mo...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurh View Post
    Hi all,

many games have more than 50mo on google play store. How can do that with the actual exporter ? is-it possible to have an apk with the program and an apk for the ressource ? May be in the 2.5 feature ?

I think it is a very important things to be present on this market. point 'n click game have more than 50Mo...
    I don't think that what you are asking for is what other games do, and I don't even think it's possible (I don't think Android itself supports such a feature). However, you can store all of your graphics somewhere else and then use the active picture object to load the graphics from the internet (you can do that with the active picture object in the Android Runtime). Most games download said images to the phone/tablet/whatever device they are using, but this is a similar way of handling it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android do that : one APK with a limit of 50Mo and 2 extensions up to 2 Go per extension.
    take a look at this :
    http://developer.android.com/google/...iple-apks.html

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's for supporting multiple resolutions and device configurations, not for saving space. You misunderstood what that is for. You can only use multiple external images, levels, etc. (which could include scripts if you were using something that supported such a feature (like if the XLua object for MMF2 got ported to Android)). If you'll read the information on APK Expansion files: http://developer.android.com/google/...ion-files.html

It never states that you can use multiple APK files, though it does state that you can use any file format, it doesn't mean that you can actually use multiple APKs in one app (I'm 99% sure you can't).