User Tag List

Thread: Schedule / Agenda / Recap

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schedule / Agenda / Recap

Can anyone recap what happened at the Convention?

Obvious MMF2.5 / 3 was announced... and I've read the twitter feed. I'm talking more about what games / entensions were presented? Who gave presentations in what order?

I was only able to tune into about 15 mins of the livestream so I'm completely out of the loop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://clickconvention.eu/programme.php

Elyace and Danny presentation about commercial software development were canned rest was told in the order on website by people mentioned on website:

Andos - Navigation Mesh
    Danny & Burfelt SLot game
    Popcorn his indie games
    Snail his engines and games.

All of that is in tweets anyway ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Sunday is pretty much covered elsewhere, I'll recap the two first days for you:

Friday:
    - Those who had arrived early went punting (strange boat activity in the river)
    - Most people had arrived before 7pm and it was time for a meal at a pub
    - We spent the rest of the night at the pub

Saturday
    - Meet and greet

- Clickjam:
    The clickjam started at about 11.30am and we had until 6pm to do a game. We could form teams or work individually.
    The maintheme for the jam was Minigame Madness. Additional 3 optional themes was Regeneration, Pipes and Sand & glass.
    After the jam all the teams judged each others games on 5 different criterias.
    The winning team was Le Poop (AyreGuitar, Burfelt, Mathias, and Popcorn) and the all won a copy of MMF2 Developer and the Android runtime.

- Dinner and drinks at a Pub
    Pretty much the same as the day before, but on another pub

Sunday:
    - Convention
    - Dinner at an Indian Restaurant
    - Pub to pub crawl (it was sunday and most pubs closed early)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear about the ClickJam winner... At the moment it looks like a tumbleweed blowing through the desert in the ClickJam general discussion forum (though an increasing number of people are using it as a secondary MMF2 tech support forum).

congrats Popcorn & co.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    ...(strange boat activity in the river)...
    LOL !!!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Can anyone recap what happened at the Convention?

Obvious MMF2.5 / 3 was announced... and I've read the twitter feed. I'm talking more about what games / entensions were presented? Who gave presentations in what order?

I was only able to tune into about 15 mins of the livestream so I'm completely out of the loop.
    My personal favorite part of it was a raycaster that was presented. Want to know what was so interesting about it? It was basically using oranges to make chocolate cake, since the raycaster was made using the Navigation Mesh object that was presented (it was a part of the presentation for the Navigation Mesh object). In other words, it was using a pathfinding object to render stuff in 3D. Definitely not something you see every day (or even every year (or every decade (or every century :P (or every millennium :P :P :P)))). Now, he did use the surface object to display the results, but that's aside of the point.