User Tag List

Thread: Can I set the scale/window size in Flash?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I set the scale/window size in Flash?

Hey.. So my game window is tiny, 240x160. I want to scale it up to 480x320.. I can do this easily enough if I edit the HTML file that comes with the swf.. but is there a way to force this scaling on all websites..? like with an extension or something?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check the "Resize display to fit window size" and set the size of the Flash element in the html file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reply.. I have already done that.. I was hoping there was a way to scale the screen without using the HTML file - so it's native to the SWF file...?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, SWF is designed for Vector which doesn't have an actual set size. It's only the HTML which tells it what size to display at.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From FGL's Developer FAQ:
    Q. My Flash game is being shown in the wrong resolution! Where can I set the width and height manually?

A. We read the header from your SWF file in order to know what resolution to display your game. That's the only way to specify the width and height. We require that the data be correct in your game's header because many game-portal websites automatically read the header to determine game size. In order for your game to be successfully viral, this information needs to be encoded properly in your game.

If the website says your game is the wrong resolution, refer to your platform's help to see how to properly specify the width and height of the frame in your game.

If the website indicates that the resolution is correct, but your game still seems to be too big or too small when you view it, you probably have your Firefox browser zoomed in or out. Make sure your zoom level is correct and it will be displayed at the correct resolution.
    So flash games have a native width and height, encoded in the SWF file header. If I was you DaveC, I would develop my game directly with the target resolution of 480x320. Since you started with the half of this resolution, you'd have to entirely upscale x2 your game. Which means redrawing your sprites and recoding your events. Either do it by hand or let MMF do it automagically with its Clone Application feature.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FlashFX entension can also scale, I think the html has the final say but I'm not sure.

Ensure you double the size of your frame and game resolution (so that your graphics sit in the top left quarter), Run Once - Set scale to 2 using Flash FX entension. This may result in your frame being scaled 2x without the use of html. (apologies if it doesn't, it's been a year since I used FlashFX )

Any Object leaves Right Side of frame or Bottom of frame events will need to be recoded as FlashFX doesn't double X/Y positions, so the edge of your frame is still x=480 but your object will only be at x=240.