User Tag List

Thread: How to do a local multiplayer ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How to do a local multiplayer ?

Hello,

I'd like to be advised on how to easily achieve a local multiplayer (2 to 4 players) without duplicating the code 2 - 3 - 4 times, and using the builtin MMF player input system

Is something like this possible : Sans titre.png ? Or are they any other ways ?

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RootKernel View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to be advised on how to easily achieve a local multiplayer (2 to 4 players) without duplicating the code 2 - 3 - 4 times, and using the builtin MMF player input system

Is something like this possible : Sans titre.png ? Or are they any other ways ?

Thanks
    MMF2's built-in joystick support isn't the best way to do this. If you are okay with the game requiring the player uses a joystick/gamepad, then you should really look into the Joystick2 object and use that (I'm pretty sure it can do what you are looking for easily).

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    MMF2's built-in joystick support isn't the best way to do this. If you are okay with the game requiring the player uses a joystick/gamepad, then you should really look into the Joystick2 object and use that (I'm pretty sure it can do what you are looking for easily).
    I'd like to stick with MMF2's built-in joystick as it allows you to play with a keyboard and a gamepad for example, I don't want to restrict the game to only gamepad owners

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RootKernel View Post
    I'd like to stick with MMF2's built-in joystick as it allows you to play with a keyboard and a gamepad for example, I don't want to restrict the game to only gamepad owners
    Well, then there isn't really much you can do. Also, you can't really play a 4-player game on 1 keyboard anyway, since there aren't really enough keys to do it (meaning you will only have to code everything twice anyway).