User Tag List

Thread: "Cannot load joystick2.mfx" when "Compress the runtime" unchecked. Fine when checked.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb "Cannot load joystick2.mfx" when "Compress the runtime" unchecked. Fine when checked.

OK guys, I have a strange problem which needs fixing ASAP, I mean, it needs fixing yesterday really.

See, my users have DirectX installed just fine, and my game runs just fine for them, BUT, if I deselect 'Compress the runtime', then it gives one person (Windows 8 user) the 'cannot load joystick2.mfx' problem. It persists even after adding xinput1_3.dll and DirectX is installed. If I compress the runtime it's fine however. Here's the issue... I can't run the Steam features if I compress the runtime...

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Okay, so here are the results of my own personal test:

I borrowed one of my family member's laptops and tried launching the game, and I received the joystick2.mfx error. I put xinput1_3.dll in the same directory as the game, but the error remained. However, when I put xinput1_3.dll in the system32 folder, the game launched successfully.

So, based on this test, it would appear as though the DLL file needs to be put into the system folder in order for games using the Joystick 2 object to function.
    This might be the answer.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks, I looked up that topic but unfortunately that didn't fix it. However my user already had an xinput1_3.dll in there apparently. DLL conflict?

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, maybe the app looks for the file somewhere different and cannot find it? No idea why it doesn't work...
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™