Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Create a wall-jump mechanic?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Create a wall-jump mechanic?

Im trying to figure out the best way to create a solid wall-jump mechanic, just like in MegamanX for SNES.

I am currently using the "Platform movement object" which is a real treat in contrast to the built-in clunky platform movement found in MMF2.

My goal is to create a wall-jump mechanic that very much resembles that one of MegamanX. More specifically: when you jump towards a wall and keep pressing forward, the character slides down slowly from the wall. If you press jump again while sliding, the character jumps up, making it possible to climb large walls.

I just tried the wall-jump mechanic in MegamanX on an emulator and it works really well. When wall-jumping, the character gets pushed out from the wall, and then in towards the wall again, creating a small gap between the character and the wall, before touching it again.
    Anyone have any tips of how I can achieve this?

I've attached my .mfa file into this thread for you to have a look at. It is playable with both keyboard and/or gamepad. Arrowkeys to move, Z to jump, C to swing.

P.S: you need to have Ultimate full-screen object and Platform movement object installed to be able to open the .mfa.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBazooka View Post
    Im trying to figure out the best way to create a solid wall-jump mechanic, just like in MegamanX for SNES.

I am currently using the "Platform movement object" which is a real treat in contrast to the built-in clunky platform movement found in MMF2.

My goal is to create a wall-jump mechanic that very much resembles that one of MegamanX. More specifically: when you jump towards a wall and keep pressing forward, the character slides down slowly from the wall. If you press jump again while sliding, the character jumps up, making it possible to climb large walls.

I just tried the wall-jump mechanic in MegamanX on an emulator and it works really well. When wall-jumping, the character gets pushed out from the wall, and then in towards the wall again, creating a small gap between the character and the wall, before touching it again.
    Anyone have any tips of how I can achieve this?

I've attached my .mfa file into this thread for you to have a look at. It is playable with both keyboard and/or gamepad. Arrowkeys to move, Z to jump, C to swing.

P.S: you need to have Ultimate full-screen object and Platform movement object installed to be able to open the .mfa.
    Hehe, I've got just the thing, but I'll need permission from the co-developer of the file first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean from me? Or someone else?
    Didn't quite get that :P
    Anyways, if its from me, you go it haha

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean from me? Or someone else?
    Didn't quite get that :P
    Anyways, if its from me, you go it haha
    Definitely not you, it's me and someone else (the other guy I'm making it with would probably be able to tell that I'm referring to him (and I know it isn't you)).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah, i got it. an example file?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah, i got it. an example file?
    Yeah, but I need permission first (I've PMed the guy I'm working on the game/engine with, and I'm waiting for a response).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright! will await your response. thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've gotten permission! Now I just need to modify the file.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've modified the file. Just so you know, if you want a full Megaman X engine, then I advise that you wait for me and someone else to be done on our project. Anyway, I hope it helps!
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you very much for the example file happygreenfrog! this helps alot.

oh and btw, if any admin sees this, could you please change the name of this thread to "Questions about my sidescroller", so I can add future questions about my game into this thread?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast